My BT keyboard SUCKS! broken?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Bhennies, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Bhennies macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I am FED UP with my BT keyboard (it's been problamatic since august when I bought it). I have updated the drivers, I'm running latest OS, I maintain my computer (logs, cache, permissions, etc.) and the goddam keyboard still loses connection or a key sticks at the most crucial moments. For example when I was typing the URL for this site, the w key stuck and repeated for 3 minutes until it randomly stopped. This happens at least 4-5 times a week. Most of the time, I have to turn off the thing and restart the computer to get it working again.

Is this how they normally operate or should I send it in to applecare?

p.s. I"m running 5.8 ghz portable phones in the house so that's not the problem.

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

No it doesn't sound right.You could try new batteries(although I brought mine also in August and shoved in the ones I assume came from China and haven't turned it off in that time and its still fine).I guess you mean the Bt update (drivers)and your aware of poss interference,so I'm at a bit of a loss. Maybe delete it then pair it again. :confused: Good luck.

3. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

If your batteries are new and there is no interference with the connection than if you live near an apple store bring it down there and show it to them.

heck if theres something wrong with it they may just give you a new one. :cool:

oh BTW: i have a BT keyboard and it never does what you are describing. Its very solid.

4. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

I'll have to second that. My BT keyboard and mouse have worked flawlessly since I've had them. I'm going on my 4th month and the batteries are still going strong!!

The ONLY complaint I have is spending 25 bucks on the iSkin POS for my keyboard that feels like I'm typing on cellphane.