Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Anybody know why this may be? I'm using the istat full widget and I expected to see the temperature, but it simply says N/A. Is this widget not compatible as of yet?

TaylorB

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2006
I don't know about iStat but I use MiniStat2 and it reads my CD fine. I would think that it would not change for C2D's. I did, however, have to install a special Intel something that came along with it so it could read the temperature. So all I know is that MiniStat2 works great. :D

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD
Anybody know why this may be? I'm using the istat full widget and I expected to see the temperature, but it simply says N/A. Is this widget not compatible as of yet?

You might need to restart. The first time I installed iStat, it just said N/A for temp, but when I restarted and tried to use it again, it gave me the temp. It still says N/A for the fans though.

F

freakonguitar

It might be an intel thing. I use istat pro on my macpro and it doesnt show the temperatures for anything ...just says n/a where as my ibook will tell me the temperatures :p

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
From iSlayer.com, the maker of iStat:
"Please note: The SpeedIt kernal extension is required to view temperatures on Intel Macs. Fan sensors on Intel Macs can not be read using iStat nano yet."

The same is true for iStat Pro.

Zadillo

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2005
Baltimore, MD
From iSlayer.com, the maker of iStat:
"Please note: The SpeedIt kernal extension is required to view temperatures on Intel Macs. Fan sensors on Intel Macs can not be read using iStat nano yet."

The same is true for iStat Pro.

Hrmm. But I didn't install SpeedIt, and iStat Pro is showing my temp just fine. Only thing it doesn't show is my fanspeed.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
If you didn't install SpeedIt, then chances are you installed CoreDuoTemp, which does pretty much the same thing. ;)

iStat alone can't read Intel temps.

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
edit: sorry somehow didn't catch what you guys had said right above this.

I attempted to install the speedit kernel: failed :p

But I installed coreduotemp anyway and now I can view the temperature. Currently running at 48 degrees Celcius.

Thanks alot for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.