My Cinema Display shows waaaay too much contrast

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ezekialjazz, Feb 28, 2007.

1. ezekialjazz macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Powered up my G5 this morning and my 20" Cinema display showed way too much contrast.

I re-calibrated using the professional tool 'Eye-One Display 2' which gave me a new profile but did not fix the contrast problem.

I plugged the display into another G5 and it looked perfect.

Someone in this forum mentioned that this sort of thing could be due to a faulty card - do you think this could be the problem and what type of card (name, type) should I be looking at ordering?

Any help gratefully received.

ADDENDUM

Zapped the PRAM - did nothing
    Created a new user account and the desktop display appears fine, so it's not the card.

Anyone know how I can get back to the original settings?

2. 2ndPath macrumors 6502

If you go to the display preferences to the color tab, which profile does it use. Is it the same for both users. If you select another one than the currently used one, does it fix the problem?

3. ezekialjazz thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi 2ndPath,

Yep tried that. I've gone through all the profiles.

I've just taken a screenshot to upload to this forum, but when I opened the screenshot on my other G5, the screenshot looks perfect - most strange.

The display gives the impression that the contrast has been turned up - for example an image set to a 35% screen is no longer visible on the display.

Thanks for getting back.

4. ezekialjazz thread starter macrumors newbie

FIXED!

Unversal Access > Enhance Contrast

The slider was midway rather than at normal

DOH!!!