1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

My Co-Staring role at MacWorld Boston

Discussion in 'Community' started by wdlove, Jul 16, 2004.

1. macrumors P6

wdlove

My wife & I attended a one hour program at MacWorld on Thursday July 15th. During the one hour program on iDVD we filmed a movie using iDVD to edit.

http://davidpogue.com/expo.mov

2. macrumors 6502

That was a funny movie. You filmed that? Good job. Was that you talking?

3. macrumors 604

iJon

wow that was great.that was an awful speech. remind me of my networking class a couple of years ago, so boring.

iJon

4. macrumors P6

wdlove

David Pogue was the director and filmed with a Sony Camcorder. Yes, the was my voice. My direction was to be monotone.

5. macrumors 6502

Well, I thought it was a brilliant role. You should take up a new career on the stage! I especially liked the bit "would be 1 point 1 point 1 point 1".

Did your wife get to play a part? Was that her at the end? I liked that conversation as well. They should edit it down and release it as an ad nationwide!

6. macrumors P6

wdlove

My wife was part of the audience, so you could see her near the end of panning the audience. She was next to the guy in the red shirt. That thought ran through my mind, if David Pogue was doing this for Apple. That would be awesome if it occurred.

David Pogue is very friendly, intelligent, and talented. My wife took a picture of us together. Also got his signature of a couple of books we purchased.

Interesting to see how a movie is made. That was how he approached the subject.

7. macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

I could be wrong but that ipod looks different

anyone else notice that that is the new ipod that they are releasing on monday. notice the lack of round buttons and the new buttons placement around the scroll wheel.

8. macrumors 6502a

Nykwil

uhm....that's the 2nd gen ipod

it's NOT new

9. macrumors 6502a

poopyhead

umm. . .
    sorry

10. macrumors 6502a

croooow

4th generation is going "retro" all the way back to 2001.

11. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Hilarious :D Hmm... that gives me a good idea for my own movie... :p

How did you end up making a movie with David Pogue? Can you fill me in?

irmongoose

12. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

David Pogue was teaching a class at Macworld Boston.

13. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

Ah, was it a beginner's movie making class or something?
    Makes sense now... thanks.

irmongoose

14. macrumors G3

Counterfit

I listened to him on wednesday in the User Group Lounge. He was supposed to be talking about technology in the next 10 years, but it ended up being all about the new voting machines and such. Funny guy though :D

15. macrumors P6

wdlove

I was in that class also. The voting machine talk was interesting. Would have really liked to hear more about his 10 year predictions also. In another class he mentioned that Blue Tooth was hear to stay. Voice recognition didn't have much of a future, better off getting a PC on eBay and using Naturally Speaking and then transfer the data.

Sad that have had a chance to meet you Counterfit, I was the tallest guy in the meeting.

irmongoose, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. He ask for volunteers.

16. macrumors G3

Counterfit

That was the same one...

I was in the back, after I looked at my phone and said "Holy crap David Pogue started 15 minutes ago!" ALthough I think I saw you, but I didn't recognize you ;)

However, I did meet two guys from Macfora on Tuesday. :)

17. macrumors P6

wdlove

Well we can always try to meet at MacWorld 2005. You have the advantage, now you know what I look like.