my collection :)

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by G3-Pwnz-G4, Oct 14, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

here's my little private collection of macs. what's not shown is a 600mhz ibook, a 250mhz 3400c, a 100mhz 5300ce, a busted SE/30, a newton 120, and a newton 2100. oh yea, the picture was taken with a Quicktake 200. :D

Attached Files:

2. macrumors regular

mactarkus

3. macrumors 68000

5300cs

I took a quick pic of my setup while I was moving things around. Usually it's not this messy ;)

There's a TAM on the cabinet, underneath inside is my Xserve, with a PB150, 5300cs & 540c inside. On the right is my TiBook on top of my MDD PowerMac. Getting tough to find places for everything... wish I had a house.

Attached Files:

4. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

mactarkus!!!! That is a sweet setup! I wish I had that many old macs! I love old macs! Have any you don't need? ;)

I have a ton of Macs :)

PowerBook G4 867mhz 12'' DVD-R
    iBook 466mhz SE Lime DVD FireWire
    G3 MiniTower 333mhz 200gb HD FW/USB
    G4 AGP 450mhz DVD-R 768mb RAM
    PowerMac 7500/100
    PowerMac 7600/132
    PowerMac 6100
    Quadra 660AV
    Cetris 650 (upgraded CD-ROM)
    Performa 6116CD
    PowerMac 5200/75 LC
    Macintosh LC II
    Macintosh LC III
    Mac Classic
    Mac SE (forgot what type)
    Mac 512k
    Macintosh IIci
    Macintosh IIcx
    PowerBook 1400cs (most of it ;))
    Parts of PowerBook Duos
    PowerBook 540c
    PowerBook 520
    Apple IIgs with all original boxes and documentation (including stickers!!)
    iMac 233mhz Parts (wires are cut)

:) That's all I can remember for now :-D

5. macrumors regular

mactarkus

I have a few duplicates that I'll eventually clean, make sure are working, and sell or give away. It's even tough to get rid of those as they always can provide parts too the primaries. That's a nice collection too! Have any photos you can post?

James

6. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

The thing is I have most of my older Macs in my house (my paren'ts house I meen) in PA, here in NJ now I only have the G3 MiniTower, iBook SE, my Dad's G4, my PowerBook G4, Mac LC II, Mac LC III, Mac 5200/75 LC and a PowerCD.

I'll take some pics today, I'll take pictures of my macs in PA when I go up there next.

:D

7. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

8. macrumors 68000

Spock

Here are my Macs =)

Attached Files:

9. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

we all wish those were ours...man look at those fans!! Those must get very very very very very hot!!!! "Put the chicken on the G5, we're havin dinner tonight!"

:p

10. macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I just have my current 15" Aluminum PowerBook G4 and my old PowerBook G3 (Lombard). I need to work on my collection!

11. macrumors 65816

whocares

12. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

hahahahahaha! :D

13. macrumors G3

Counterfit

If you let that TAM fall, you'd better watch your back!

14. macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I was pretty shocked to see it just sitting there propped on on that cabinet surrounded by junk everywhere. I am sure there were quite a few die hard Apple fans that nearly fainted after seeing that.

15. macrumors G3

Counterfit

And the XServe is just leaning there!

16. macrumors regular

17. macrumors 68000

5300cs

It's looks a lot worse than it really is. I was moving things around like I said, so it was really messy.

The TAM is in no danger- trust me. After winning it off an auction over a year ago, I've only seen 1 other, they are really rare in Japan, so I take real good care of mine (have all the boxes, manuals, pen/pencil case, etc.) It's secure on top of the cabinet.

As for the Xserve, this cabinet was the only cost-effective sollution I could think of. The Xserve cost me $1,000, but most enclosures will easily run 2x that price, so I decided to get the AV cabinet for $50 and prop it up inside. It's in there pretty safely, and doesn't rattle around or anything.

18. macrumors 68000

Spock

How did you get a Xserve in Japan for 1,000??

19. macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

He was lucky and was in the right place at the right time, the lucky bas...anyway, I wouldn't mind getting an XServe for less than an iBook. That'd be pretty sweet. I don't have any real use of one, but hell, give me an XServe and I'll come up with a use for it.

20. macrumors 65816

whocares

Major bragging rights would be your first and upmost use for an XServe :D

As you could prolly tell from my post a couple of clicks of a mouse up the page, I don't have much of a Mac collection. I'm interested in starting one but, well, you know, don't come for free. Need to get a job and spend some time on eBay. Wishlist include mainly old hardware: Mac, Mac II, Mac SE, LC 75 (the pizza box Mac), and some older Powerbooks.... ooohh the PowerBooks. [goes to bathroom to clean up drool :p ]

21. macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I want a NeXT Cube, now that would be pretty darn sweet to have.

22. macrumors 68000

5300cs

I was in Akihabara, the electronics district, and found a big store full of Apple things, so I went inside. Much to my surprise, up on the 3rd floor they had 6-7 used Xserves for sale. I got a single 1Ghz model, but they had the 1.33 also (for 2x the price.) I couldn't believe it either, so I begged and cajoled the wife into getting one.

Bascially I'm a lucky.. what PowerBook G5 said :D

23. macrumors 68000

Spock

Here is part of my collection.

Macintosh Plus (now silver)
    Macintosh SE FDHD
    Macintosh Performa 550
    Macintosh Performa 6400/200
    Apple Newton Message Pad 120
    Apple iBook indigo 366
    Apple iPod

Not Pictured

Macintosh Performa 636CD
    Powermac G3 350 B&W
    Apple IIc
    Apple Lisa

Attached Files:

• macs.jpg
      macs.jpg
      File size:
      11.4 KB
      Views:
  24. macrumors G3

Counterfit

Resize that pic soldier! And wth did you do to it? :confused:

25. macrumors 68000

Spock

I did not no that the pic was going to show so big Should be better know and I blurred out the crap in the background.

P.S I am not a "Soldier" O.K Slick?