My Consolation

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by florio, Oct 20, 2003.

1. macrumors member

Considering Apple's marketshare and worldy place.....

I am consoled by the fact that in a some parallel universe, everyone is seeing the light and Apple actually is dominant. Its just to bad I am not living there, or able to see it.

I just hope that I also am living in a universe where Apple continues to get better and stays around at least while I'm around.

For, we could be in a universe where Steve Jobs dies next year and Apple goes away....the possibilites are endless.

Anyways, I hope that wasn't to crazy of a post. Just had to get that out there.

Flo

2. macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Yeah anything could happen, like tommorow a huge meteor could hit earth and wipe us all out....Apple does have a future without Steve but the leader would have to be a real visuary person...maybe woz?;)

3. macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Re: My Consolation

Makes you wonder: do you really want Apple to be dominant?
    Think about it.....

4. macrumors 68020

I hope Steve Jobs has a son or daughter :confused:

5. Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Re: Re: My Consolation

Actually no. IMO if Apple were as big as MS they would be hit by just as many viri etc, it is mainly because of the small % of Mac systems out there that currently hackers etc do not bother with attacking them. And I'd like it to stay that way :D

6. macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Re: Re: Re: My Consolation

I do believe that if OS X were as widespread as Windows that Mac OS X would be less "infected" than Windows is at the moment, but it would be significantly more "affected by attacks" than OS X now, that's a fact.
    But I like chosing for a Mac to be a real choice. Not a formality when buying a PC. I think you can safely assume that a person who choses for the Mac platform has really thought about his choice, as that person would definitely know about "the other side".
    I wouldn't like that to be the other way round. ;)

7. macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

Wasn't there some competition with a $10,000 reward to hack any Mac OS based web server, but nobody ever succeeded?