my cool ibook case

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Mord, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i took the leap and painted my ibook heres a picture its so cool

(advice to the guy that bought the 1.8 G5 spend ages looking for faults and "accidently kicking your powermac and demand a refund and get yourself a dualie (dont quote me) (I "dident" do that to my ibook when they droped the price by £100)

2. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

3. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

an extremly bad photo and the only thing painted is the green the black is glossy paper and the apple just has a green filter and a sticker on it the paint comes of with some meths so its all reversible and it looks cool all my freinds agree

4. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

Why dont u take a good pic man... i actually wanna see how it looks in overall now...

5. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

6. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

why green? any what that shade?

Gah, that burns my eyes!

Anyways, a higher res picture may do this thing some justice, but until then Im not all that impressed, especially with your color matching skills (note: never work at home depot). It may look cool but pixelation makes anything look bad. I mean, come on man, the isight take better quality than that!

7. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

I dont have a digital camera i had to use a school one that was a brick and produced crap picture quality and the site will only take 10k pics and thats a 10kb photo
    the green paint turned out pretty well thats what i'm pleased whith this is work in progress if angthing g's wrong i have a spare case

(im 15)

8. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

I was having a hard time seeing it too, so here's a (slightly) better version:

9. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

10. Pismo macrumors 6502

Pismo

What were you thinking?

Did you pay for that iBook? My parents would be pissed if I did that to my computers. If you want to be "artistic", do it to a PC.

Mac are works of art. You completely de-beautified your iBook and you can forget about selling it to upgrade later.

11. PHARAOHk macrumors regular

I like it. The design and the final work. Pirates are in.
    :) :( :eek: ;) :p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :confused:

12. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

Re: What were you thinking?

did you even read my earlier message "I have a spare case"

Ive tested and all the paint comes of with meth-elated spirit, there's no way ill keep that design ill probably do a metallic black pirate design next jesus it was a 1 year old refurb 600 cd not a bloming work of art

Pirates are cool

13. Versello macrumors regular

Re: Re: What were you thinking?

lol

It's not really my taste, but kudos to your daring paint-job.

People need to stop complaining that you de-beautified it. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" as they say.

14. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

Ehh on second glance, it isnt as bad, but you could have done the skull a little better. Plus, I personally prefer the jolly roger (skull and crossbones) to the skull and crossed swords.

You should have done a more...dramatic... case mod by actually painting the whole thing black, then having the skull glow white, instead of the apple logo partially within the skull. That would be a more involved project, but it would look so ***** awesome people might piss themselves.

15. Rezet macrumors 6502a

Rezet

It's bad man, it's bad.

16. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

at best...its daring...:D
    at worst....well....still better than wondowz machine....

17. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

Fine... take all the wind out of my sails of sympathy... But youre right :rolleyes:
    ----------------------------------
    Anyways, just dont do this kind of stuff on a working machine ever again. You may find gutted cases and things for a range of price for practice, but please dont ruin a computer with perfect resell value just because you want to "experiment"

18. Mord thread starter macrumors G4

Mord

just to clarify "I have a spare case" ok I have not ruined my ibooks resell value even though id never sell it id give it to a friend or my sister this is just a bit of fun
    I've decided to paint the whole thing metallic black doing the glowing pirate thing would be cool but its too permanent even for me