my crappy weekend

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, Jun 16, 2002.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Well Florida was quite beautiful...blue water...nice breeze...beautiful women all over...but damn the weekend could have been much better.

I did not get many photos taken...got a few in Friday afternoon at the beach...nothing special that u guys would be interested in seeing. What sucked was the fact that I went to a party with my friend last night and got the total brush off because she was drinking too much (she honestly has an alcohol problem) and more interested in the guy she wanted to hook up with than to hang out with her friend who drove 250 miles to see her. Before duke suggests it, no I wasn't jealous...but there's only so much one can do solo at a party where out of the 200+ people there, the few he can talk with end up leaving early.

Anyway, aside from that, I was riding with her, so instead of having to wait around for her to get too drunk to be out anymore, I took her keys and drove myself back to where my car was...got my stuff...and headed back to New Orleans at midnight.

It's quite amazing the second wind one can achieve off a Mountain Dew Amp, a PowerBar, pretzels, gum, music, and cranked AC in a car for a 4 hour drive...

I got home at 4 am...and she's been calling me all day, but I'm not really prepared to confront her on the whole ordeal...

and also, since u all were so interested...and at the discretion of some words duke gave me...the pizza hottie has a boyfriend...end of story ;)

2. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

on a lighter note...

I was contacted by a new art gallery here in New Orleans who is looking to put together a poetry reading group once a week. For all of u who I'm sure do not know, I write from time to time. After several correspondences, I've managed to become one of the "officers" who will put things together and be heavily involved with the events. This is very good for me, because now I have my foot in the door of an art gallery, thus bettering my chances of eventually having my own showing of photography possibly later on.

This I am very excited about and very optimistic for! :D

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

damn, that sucks, but you know **** happens. You should probably just talk to your friend and tell her what happened, don't make it worse by totally blowing her off, even if you don't ever plan on seeing her again. So she messed up, how long have you known her? How old is she? What about the other woman who was there? There were 2, right?

As for pizza girl, hell, convince her your a better man than her current boyfriend - she doesn't have a ring, right? Don't let it get you down and just be your normal happy self.

4. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Well the thing with her...it's a known fact that she should never drink because she always overdoes it. I just didn't think she'd get to that point while I was in town for 2 days. Quite honestly, I've talked to her before about this whole thing. She even decided not to drink anymore once she recognized she had a problem. Unfortunately, it takes much more than just saying something.

As for her friends, they both had boyfriends. One is kind of a b*tch, but the other is so damned cool it's scary. No dice on either case, just not a good idea to get mixed up in a triangle like that. The one cool friend paid more attention to the fact that I was in town than my friend did, but what can u do?

I'm not too worried about the pizza hottie. She is so cute though...;) No ring, as I got into the habit of checking for that before anything else when I used to sell shoes years ago, but I also don't know many details about her boyfriend. All I figure I can do is just do my normal thing, if it's meant to happen it will...

I will always seek out the silver lining in every situation. It's the only way to get by in this world. I did feel much better about this weekend today when I took my car to the pressure wash station to rid it of bugs from driving at night. This old lady's car broke down and she had no phone and didn't know what to do, so I let her use my PCS and spent about 45 mins with her to make sure a tow truck got her safely. She was a nice woman...so that was my good deed for the day ;)

5. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

sorry about your crappy weekend, the party didnt seem like much fun. i aggree with duke dont blow your friend off, talk to her.
    as for the pizza chick, hang in there, become her friend, once she breaks up with her BF, go streight for the kill:D

6. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

yeah...I just need to figure out what I'll say...or maybe I'll just shoot from the hip?! :rolleyes: I don't want to cut her off totally, but I'm honestly starting to get to the point where I don't want to give people second or third chances...I guess I do have some bitterness within me... ;)

As for waiting it out with the pizza girlie...I have a fear of becoming the rebound...I'm just going to continue to flirt with her whenever she waits on me and maybe be suggestive while joking at the same time...if u know what I mean. There are many beautiful women in this city, I'll eventually catch one...he he he :D

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

not to say one way or another about whether the pizza girl is worth you "waiting" for her... but basically, it's still worth it to try to be friends. my current girlfriend (over 2 years) had a boyfriend when i met her. they were on rocky ground, and within 2 months she had dumped him. within another month we were going out.... we just really really clicked.

and you won't know if you could until you give it a shot. that said, she still might not be right for you. but hey, one can always use more friends i think.

8. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: jello

ha ha ha!!! I love the last part of your sig!! :D

we should really start an "Office Space & how our lives mirror it" thread...he he he ;)

as for your comments on waiting around & friends...

I can totally foresee making friends with anyone at this point. If anything at all, it would make things much less complicated in the long run if it doesn't work out in the other direction. Who knows what the future holds for me?! U are right, how u never really know till u give it a shot...but then again, I did go far enough to inquire about her dating life...

9. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    what a drag

sorry to hear about that....i do think you did the right thing by cruising. you can tell her why when you feel like it. frankly, she probably won't get it if she pulled this crap in the first place. it sounds like she has more than just an alcohol problem-how about having the courtesy to be a decent host to an out-of-town guest?

cool about the poetry stuff. the post relationship period is always good for releasing some creative energy-i guess thats a positive spin on what can be a pretty gloomy time.

stay positive. i've always found it ironic that i would finally meet nice date-able women( including my wife) after i threw my hands up and said "screw it".

:)

10. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ha yes. office space rules....

as for the girl, it's a good start that you talked to her about her dating life.... how did that come up? and how did it end? if it was just like "do you have a boyfriend?" "yes" and end... then that could be bad. give her the impression that's all you want.

but if not, then cool. and keep on it. see if she wants to hang out sometime.... and try to be clear (somehow) that it's not a dating thing...

like, don't wink.

11. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

OK, I'm going to have to ask. I missed the introduction of the pizza hottie, but I've not stopped hearing about it since. Is this just a girl that you flirt with while she waits on you at some place? Or is there more to the story than that?

Either way... if you ever end up with her, you'd better not let her see this site. If she soes a search for 'pizza hottie' she'll get totally freaked! She'll think you're a stalker or something :D

12. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: what a drag

How very right u are...it's always when u aren't looking for it when it drops out of the sky right into your lap...he he he ;)

As for the inspiration to write...right again..it's actually when I first started writing a few years ago for the exact reason. This time around, I'm not going for the release of emotion from it...more of inner reflection & whatever thoughts I have at the moment...

I've been complimented on my work in the past...made some women cry...ha ha ha... :D

I haven't read any of it yet though...so that I'm both nervous and quite excited over! ;)

13. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Nothing like that...more of small talk..."so what do u do when u get off work?"...that type of stuff...

not enough to seem anxious...but enough to seem like I'm at least interested in her as a person and not just my server...

I don't think I've winked at her yet...he he he ;)

14. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ok Reader's Digest version...

My favorite pizza place ever...she's waited on me there for a long time...I've always thought she's a hottie...I'm single now, so I figured why not go for it?

I tend to flirt with waitresses & such normally, but I make it a point to show her the attention a little more without really overdoing it.

I'm going to have to break my macrumors secret to any woman I date very easily... ;)

15. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

as for the pizza hottie, throw out a line, even if she has got a BF. perhaps she and her BF are on rocky ground and she is just waiting for a good man to show some interest. be ready to reel in a whole exess baggage if she does break up w/ her current BF for you. and dont tell her about this site unless she has a mac

16. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I would only be so lucky... ;)

17. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

.......and i thought i was the only one with disastrous party stories :rolleyes: That kind of sucks. At least you got a nice four hour drive; plenty of time to mull over what to do ;)

Sounds like a good time for corny sayings: what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger :D

18. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he he...glad to see u don't feel alone anymore then... ;)

I did get to find out what my mpg is on the highway in the new car...so it was constructive in a sense... (34 mpg isn't bad at all :D)

19. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

I'm sorry to hear that man. BUt you know what...it'll get better, and eventually a hottie will be yours ;)

you know what you doing...

20. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Yea, Fathers Day was pretty rough for me. As you know we lost a cat three weeks ago, and now, another one is very ill. They called this morning and told me he was dead. So, I of course called the Mrs, and the baby. Two hours later they call back and say that he is not dead, but that he is getting better, that it was another cat that had died, and that they were wrong.

Yesterday when I was leaving to take the cat to the vet, my daughter fell, and busted her mouth open. It sucked. But the day / weekend wasn't all bad. Me and the Mrs watched a movie last night, and our 2nd yard sale in a month was a success.

21. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: B2TM

Man I'm sorry to hear about the bad luck u are having with your cats...esp. on Father's Day. At least it looks like it could possibly turn out good though...;)

What movie did u guys watch? I saw Corky Romano last night...very dumb & corny...but good for some laughs. :D

22. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: re: B2TM

We watched the negotiator, and then some *cough* different type of movie....he.he

Something good had to happen on Fathers day right :D

23. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

That's horrible about your cat Chuck. You'd think they would check, before telling you your cat was dead :rolleyes:

Glad you had a great father's day. For the goodness-knows-how-many'th year in a row, all i could do was send my dad a card (egreetings is rather useful at times :)). Still, i'll be seeing him in about a months' time i should imagine.

The negotiator's a top film :)

24. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: B2TM again

the Negotiator is a great movie...love Kevin Spacey...

so u must have watched one of those intructional videos after right? ;)

25. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Re: re: B2TM again

Um, I would like to extend my 5th Ammendment privliges at this time....he.he.he.

Yea, Brit, you would think they could get that right. I am sure that your Dad loved hearing from you.