My Current Chaos (a Rant)

Discussion in 'Community' started by PlaceofDis, Sep 2, 2005.

1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    when life wants to throw you a fast one and mess things up for you, it does it all at once and just dumps it there and stalks away:

1. Grandmother has cancer, my mom's mom, my other Grandmother died earlier this year.... so this is upsetting. I am close with my Grandparents, she lives three blocks away, i have never met my mom's dad as he died of lung cancer before i was born. The worst part is that my Grandmother has lung cancer too, and it has already spread to her liver. No chance of an operation, but hopefully with therapy she will be fine, i really don't know the details yet. no one does besides the doctors.

2. My parents are acting as if she is already dead. Dam*, don't they have some hope? They don't even know the whole of it yet.

3. My Mother is in a mid-life crisis, just got dentures, freaking out about her mom, menopause. This only adds to the stew.

4. i suspect my parents are leading or attempting to live lives separate from one another, meaning that they are talking to people online, perhaps intimately, perhaps seeing relationships, perhaps just trying to validate their self appeal, i dont know, what this means i dont know, but what it implies is disturbing.

5. i have to work on my birthday, when i originally had the day off, when i already work 40+ hours a week, and i found out that someone was going to give me one of the best surprises ever. Hopefully that surprise comes through, and i can get out of work early, maybe make something of the day, but that is still unlikely as it stands right now.

6. i was supposed to get a tattoo this weekend on my birthday. because of work, and because of other issues, this will not be happening, childish to be upset about it? maybe, but it represents something important to me, and was another step in my life. i guess i will have to learn how to walk later.

7. My cousin Jimmy is having knee surgery tomorrow to repair his ACL that he tore during practice. He is only in H.S. This one should turn out okay, but i worry.

8. My old neighbors, the ones who helped raised me since i was a baby, they moved to Biloxi a few years back, just barely survived the Hurricane. Thats the good news, the problem is that they are elderly, and very sick. They need oxygen to survive and only have a day's supply left at this point. I am worried about them too.
  2. eva01 macrumors 601

Feb 22, 2005
    Gah! Plymouth
  3. Leareth macrumors 68000

Nov 11, 2004
    Welcome to life.
    Chaos is it. And it does not get any better.
    Enjoy every day to the fullest, appreciate the people around you and never leave off a conversation with loved ones on a negative note, you never know what happens. One might be worried about a mother with breast cancer recovering while their husband gets hit by a drunk driver. Leave the things you cannot change alone and focus on where you can make a difference.
    Sometimes things happen no matter how much you want/try/need to change them. You have enough to worry about managing your own life , let others run theirs.
    thats just my two cents.
  4. iBlue macrumors Core

Mar 17, 2005
    London, England
    i'm sorry to hear that. :(
    the saying "when it rains it pours" is always right on, as is one of my favorites "what hits the fan will not be evenly distributed." it sucks, no two ways about it.
    i'm sorry you're dealing with a shiite storm of stress and undue problems, just try to take things on as you can and try not to get overwhelmed or flustered. there is only so much you can do, try to accept that and do what you are able to without cracking up yourself.

5. PlaceofDis thread starter macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i think if it wasn't for my sister and parents i would be able to deal with things much better.... but they are blowing things out of proportion without knowing the full details.... they always suspect the worst, and they seem to want the worst.

i try and be optimistic about everything, but with them being downers its especially hard.

thanks for the encouragement everyone. i just needed to vent and rant a bit to get this off my chest.
  6. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    The best thing that you can do.

Sorry to hear about your problems. :(
    I hope that things work out for the best. :)
  7. EJBasile macrumors 65816

Apr 20, 2004
    Everything will work out. It always does.

I mean, people get sick, and eventually die. I see it every day working in a hospital. When I was 13, my grandma died. Six monthes later my grandpa died. It was a hard time because I had a really close bond with both of my grandparents.

Just keep on trying ot get by. If you need to, see a theripest. You may think that is stupid, but having someone to talk to and that will listen to you can really help.

Good luck and hang in there.

Edit: Definatly stay postive. If you think all negative thoughts, it makes you feel a lot worse. When someone dies I think that they are probably much happier now, no longer in pain, and they won't have to grieve when we die.