My digital photos on MAC are of poor quality, HELP!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Caddy, Apr 20, 2003.

1. Caddy macrumors member

I don't know what I am doing. I have a pretty decent digital and everytime I upload photos they are of poor quality. I am in the midst of taking many pictures for ebay (of clothes) and they aren't the clear crisp shots of my competitors. What do you recommend for indoor, close up shots of clothes! thankS!

2. unc32 macrumors regular

Perhaps it is the photos as a friend of mine has difficulty in taking photos. He doesn't know the meaning of focus. Make sure you are focusing you camera properly (usually pushing the button half way).

3. etoiles macrumors 6502a

etoiles

can you upload the pictures on another computer for comparison ?
    If the images are still blurry/bad quality, make sure the focus is right (as unc32 mentioned), use good lighting (or flash) and check the compression and resolution settings on your camera...

4. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

yeah, this is not your mac. all the computer does is download and display images. the problem lies in your camera, or alternately... you are looking at them at 100% right? sometimes iPhoto will scale them, and that can look a little bad.

5. Orion27 macrumors member

What kind of camera are you using? All digital
    photos require post processing. That is an immutable law for high quality images. Your
    camera can take images in different formats.
    i,e RAW, JPG, TIFF, ect. Once downloaded to the
    computer, your images will require "sharpening".
    This will bring your fine photos into focus.
    Visit http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1010 find your camera and
    ask some questions there.

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

on slow computers, you will see a noticeable difference over a short period of time right after opening a photo and zooming in or out because the computer will display a pixelated copy first and then smooth it out.

7. ibookin' macrumors 65816

ibookin'

This may not even apply but are you by any chance using an older Kodak camera? I have found that while using a DC240 with my iBook I got a duplicate set of photos which were actually the cameras thumbnails used for previewing. This may have been a fluke, but the thumbnails were VERY low-res.

I doubt that this is your problem, but it is worth a look.

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Digital cameras of less than 2 Megapixels generally don't look that good any more because they don't get the best technology anymore, so you should be using something more.

As Orion27 says, the photos you take should be corrected after being uploaded to your Mac (not MAC) because of colour problems with various lighting, for example.