My Display!!!!! Please Help Me!!!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by G5orbust, Sep 13, 2002.

1. G5orbust macrumors 65816

G5orbust

AHHHH. My 17 inch apple studio display has gone haywire. The power light is flashing (2 short lights and one long light) and half o the screen is dimmer than the ither. I tihnk it is the back light of the display. I bought this display probably 4 months ago, so it very new. its coupled w/ a 933 g4 w/ a GF4Mx.

Is there anything i can do??

Thanks for your help.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I know this is no help what-so-ever realy, but I'm gonna say it anyway I'm affraid....."Call Apple!"....Sorry, but that's the only idea I have.

3. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

haha thanks, atleast u gave me a fool proof option...

4. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

5. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Yes, that's why I suggested calling Apple.

6. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

actuaally mine has a 3 year warranty, but i cant do w/o my computer (im in school, you know papers and such). Is there any temporary solution. BTW my screen still works, just im afraid that the backlight could die any moment and then id be royally screwed.

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

IF you have another computer, you can transfer files from your new Tower to it using FireWire target disk mode. Then use that computer to do your work. If not, I suggest looking for a temporary new, small flat CRT for around $100 or $200 bucks. If needed, get the adapter from Apple to support the display type.

8. Nipsy macrumors 65816

Nipsy

Look in the PennySaver. You should be able to find a 15"-17" VGA monitor for $20. Use this for the week that your display is being serviced, then sell it for $25!

9. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

i suggested calling apple 3 times, but if he doesnt own another mac, its gonna be tough, unless he goes to the apple store n do his homework there ;) jk

10. G5orbust thread starter macrumors 65816

G5orbust

ofcourse i own a mac..... and ill id need is a screen for the X amount of days my 17 cinch lcd is away.