My Dream Last Night

Discussion in 'Community' started by Computer_Phreak, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

I had a dream last night about Apple, which I think is the first time I've ever had one about Apple that I can remember.

Anyway, I was demoing FCP 4 and the new applications and everything, and I was checking out the computers that they were running on, one was either a Quicksilver or a MDD, and the one I was using was a prototype PPC 970!:D

There was a sticker on the case showing off the specs, like on most PC's you buy at Sam's club or something.:rolleyes: It said it ran at 2 Ghz with upcoming speeds up to 3 Ghz.

What was wierd, though, was that before I checked out the computers, I tried to stick a CD in the drive (a slot-loading one), and there was air sucking the CD in from my hands. I've never used a slot-loading drive, btw.

The sad part was when I woke up:( :D

2. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Dreams are a powerful that our subconscious puts into action to help us out, or so I feel. I tend not to remember my dreams, most often because I don't sleep long enough to have them get to a point of remembrance (or so I think). Usually, whenever I do remember my dreams, it during a stressful or anxious time in my life. I have these completely symbolic dreams that are direct projections of what's going on in my life.

I have a bad habit of ignoring my feelings in certain contexts, and my subconscious takes over to help me realize what I'm doing and how I should handle it. It's always helped me get that insight I don't always allow for myself. ;)

3. Computer_Phreak thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I don't think that I'm overstressed, its spring break!:D

I remember my dreams all the time, but maybe its just because of my age (15).

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I had a wonderfull dream not to long ago . Was some kind of projection (I'm a VJ) that I may be able to create in the future if computers get powerfull enough.

When I was in to music and I couldn't compose something I took naps to let my mind flow and sudendly something very expectacular came to my mind and I woke up to produce it with the keyboards. That was a creative technique I had. Of course my mom was always upset about it.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm 54 years old and still remember alot of my dreams. I have the same experience of waking up before the story line finishes. I'm envious of your dream of the PPC 970! ;)

6. NavyIntel007 macrumors 65816

NavyIntel007

Oh yeah, well in mine i was kicking the crap out of all the guys in my ex-fraternity.

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I wish I remembered more of my dreams. I swear, anytime I do remember them is when I need help with a decision of some sort.

I also get between 5-6 hours of sleep on average each night, so I'm curious to know if I don't enter a deep enough cycle where they become really vivid?

8. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I had a dream last night.... Well I went to bed at 7:00 AM, so
    technically it wasn't during the night but you know what I mean...
    I woke up (in my dream) and walked downstairs. And (of course)
    I went straight to my computer. But I noticed something different.
    I had an LCD. It looked to me like an extra wide screen 15 inch
    from a company with a wierd name that I can't remember. I
    immediately ran to my computer to test out my new LCD, and
    that was when I noticed that my sister (who doesn't live with me
    anymore - she is a sophomore in college, soon to be a junior) was
    standing in the corner of the room talking on the phone. Then I
    turned on the light, and looked at the monitor, and everything
    had changed, and it was terrible quality. I then proceded to
    wake up (in reality ;)).

I had a REALLY wierd dream the night before 'last night'. But I
    forgot what it was about.... I'm trying to remember. ACK annoying...

9. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

I sometimes have dreams that something amazings happened that I really wanted ot happen, like I suddenly got loads of money and had lots of new powermacs and cars ns tuff and when I wake Up i think I still have them only to find that I don't have anything (except 1 mdd powermac). :( oh its a hard life.

10. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

yeah, I did that with my monitor (my dream monitor). I woke up
    and went downstairs to use my new monitor, but low-and-behold
    I am still on my 17" apple CRT... :(

;)

11. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

My dreams usually make about as much sense as this signature: SLoEDoPPPaFoPPPoE

Could someone please enlighten me ( amnesiac1984)?

12. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

13. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I've only ever had one really vivid dream my whole life (that I can
    remember ;)) and I'm afraid the content of the dream is confidential.
    ;)

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

By vivid do you mean realistic? All of my dreams are based on a reality in my past, they are very vivid and real to me. I have learned to deal with them!

15. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

You can only remember a dream if you wake up during it. This is a scientifically accepted fact. An average REM cycle is 1.5 hours, I think, so you are definitely sleeping long enough to dream. Are you considered to be a deep sleeper, though? 'Cuz it appears you don't often wake up in the middle of a dream...

16. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

Some day very soon you will find out, the day draws nigh.

17. lmalave macrumors 68000

lmalave

Do you mean lucid dreaming, like the ability to be conscious and control your dream? Be careful with that stuff. I had a friend in high school who told me he lucid dreamed - and later on he became a schizophrenic. I'm convinced there's a link there, since schizophrenia is about losing the distinction between reality and fantasy.

....or were you referring to Vivid Video dreams, you perv ;)

18. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

If I ever started dreaming about computers, even if they're good computers like macs, I'd freak out! The only thing I bother remembering about my dreams are the ladies ;)

19. Computer_Phreak thread starter macrumors 6502

I have dreams where I can control myself lots of times, and most of the time I'm trying to figure out (in the dream) wheather or not I actually am in a dream, because if I think I'm in reality (not dreaming), then I wouldn't do some stuff that I do in dreams.;)

Well, in retrospect that didn't make a whole lot of sense, but I don't think that being able to control yourself in a dream means you will have some disorder. (Atleast I hope not).

20. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Lets just hope that that PPC970 Mac doesn't stay 'in your dreams', if you know what I mean :D

I've had some weird dreams about Apple stuff before. I can still kinda remember one. Something about an audio device where you could see the circuit board, and a motorola chip, and some other stuff... About the tallness of a G4 cube, but in the shape of a plus sign (+), and with a shell of yellow heat-sync metal (like car amps)

It's like it's been burned into my memory. If only I'd used that space to store something more important...

21. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

When you need to know, you'll find out. but it'll be too late! TOO LATE! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

22. vniow macrumors G4

You already know, you just don't know it yet.....

23. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

<spoken with a German accent>

It would seem that amnesiac1984 hass a fixation on making a connection to the world. You can see that he resents his PPP and still blames it for many failures in his search for information. There is a further progression to his PPPoE and finds the appeal of accelerating both his knowledge and his connection to the outside world to be quite fascinating and enjoyable.

(I'm bored :))