My eBay Password got hacked....

Discussion in 'Community' started by applemacdude, Oct 14, 2004.

1. applemacdude macrumors 68040

Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow
    OK so i changed it to something else......did my mac get hacked, how did they get my password? can i find out who did it? what can i do to be safe?
  2. Archaeopteryx macrumors regular

Oct 4, 2003
    well you have their IP.. with that you can eport them and even get them arrested...
  3. Edot macrumors 6502

Jan 29, 2002
    I don't want to sound rude..

You didn't fill out one of those phony, "We are updating our database.." emails did you? Ebay will never ask for your password, so don't give it out! I would be changing all of my passwords if any of them are the same to then one that was hacked.
  4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    Yeah, so would I.

This shouldn't happen. I really don't even know how eBay accounts get hijacked, but there have been scams requesting for your eBay info. It all sounds legit, but some people don't know that and reply.

If that account shares the same password as any other account (ie: online bank account, Hotmail account, etc...), I'd change those passwords.
  5. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    Wasn't me, I'd rather go after your PayPal account instead. ;)

Of course with all the computer stuff running through your account... :eek:
  6. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Mar 8, 2004
    Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    Seems very odd... Were track there IP then report them... Keep an eye on ehat they do with your acount... Also a quote "Hack those whould would hack in a bad manner towards you..."... Just a neat quote from some site... Well good luck, and remember it could be a hokes...
  7. applemacdude thread starter macrumors 68040

Mar 26, 2001
    Over The Rainbow

I dont think i ever have filed one out......

anyways i dont know how i would tracked them, yes i changed my password of all my accounts to something else.........
  8. senseibiz macrumors regular

Feb 8, 2002
    Las Vegas
    Wow, A friend of mine received that email requesting info from ebay.
    He sent that email to Ebay. ebay replyed that thay were going to look into it.
    and said to NEVER give your information to anyone.
    If you need to change information, go directly to