My Email from AT&T (Student/Corporate Discounted Rate Plans)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AvSRoCkCO1067, Jul 2, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

AvSRoCkCO1067

Sounds good to me! What do you think?

2. macrumors newbie

GREAT!! I'm so glad we can close the book on that chapter!!!!

this is awesome... here i come 15% discount and iPhone 3G

3. macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

That's awesome news!!!! Thanks so much for that. I was going to ask when I get my credit check done later but this sounds very promising. That makes the cost of the 3G phone for me the same as what everyone is paying for the 2G service (which cannot get the discount).

4. macrumors member

AWESOME.

84.15 a month, here I come...

5. macrumors newbie

Great. I'm on the discount plan with my Blackberry 8820, glad to hear I can keep it. Any word on you have to have the Enterprise data plan for Exchange?

6. macrumors 6502

My question, in relation to this, is what if you purchase your phone from Apple? Then do you just have to still go to ATT to have them apply your discount. I dont have a work email address, but I do have badge/i.d. :D

7. macrumors newbie

You can do it online on AT&T's website. That's how I did it a year ago. I would assume you can add it now and it will automatically carry over to your new plan on 7/11.

8. macrumors member

It would be much smoother if you do this:
    1. Contact your HR representative where you work and find out your FAN number (Foundation Account Number) for Cingular/AT&T; they should be able to at least point you to someone who has this information unless your company sucks on organization.
    2. Go to an AT&T store to buy your phone and give them your FAN #, bringing your badge (and maybe even a paystub) in case they ask questions.

9. macrumors member

quick question. so I'm a student (15% student discount at my school I think) but my older sister is also getting the 3G. she's a recent grad, but her school e-mail addy still works at the AT&T premier discount verification website. she said she typed in her school e-mail and it sent something to that address and that it seemed like it was gonna work. is there further verification needed after this process?? any others doing this and successfully receiving discounts on AT&T phone/iphone plans?

thanks in advance.

10. macrumors 68000

crees!

Yea 25% discount!

11. macrumors newbie

I'm rather curious of this as well. My mom is the owner of my account, but I tried it anyways. I signed up with a school email I no longer attend, and it was verified. When it asked for my SSN, I entered my own (not my mom's) and was a bit worried I would be denied if the SSN wasn't the account holder's. Like I said it was verified and I now have the University's FAN number in the upper right corner of my account.

After further review, will ATT figure it out?

12. macrumors 65816

Cnasty

Here too! Found out today and I was pumped! Basically getting the same price for my plan just a jazzy new iPhone to play with. :cool:

13. macrumors member

I thought that they didn't allow discounts for the iPhone still? I guess they changed it.... right?

14. macrumors 6502

Wait ... so not only will I be able to get a discount on my plan, but I'll be able to get a discount on the iPhone too???

15. macrumors 6502a

citron230

WOW,, that's great.

16. macrumors regular

which one is my FAN number

ok so how do I find the correct FAN number? On the AT&T Premier webpage, at the bottom it gives me 2 FAN numbers:
    CA COLA/GOVERNMENT EMP Foundation Account Numbers: TDMA 00016912, GSM 00061918

Which of the two numbers is the one I take to AT&T store on the 11th?

17. macrumors regular

no the woman i echatted with on support page said discounts only on service not on iphone equipment

18. macrumors regular

no discounts on old iphone because they claimed it had 'special' monthly rates, since the new iphone's rates are going up and they are just like service rates for any other phone, they are treating it like any other phone and giving you the same discounts as they would for any other phone

19. macrumors 6502

powaking

Yippie! 27% here I come.

20. macrumors 6502

Ahh okay, that's not too bad. So about this plan discount :D What are the numbers percentage-wise? Are they standard, or do they depend on the University?

21. macrumors 65816

so who wants to hook me up with a way to get a 25% discount? ;) My education discount is only 15%

22. macrumors 65816

While in for a credit check at the ATT store they told me that the discount will only apply for voice services not the data…

23. macrumors newbie

In this thread about the paperwork the sales reps at att received, it appears that discounts may not be available when reading the fine print..."There are no equipment or monthly service discounts available with the purchase of an iPhone" :confused::

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=510547&page=3

24. macrumors 68000

thechidz

that is for the 2G iPhone... the 3G will be different

25. macrumors 6502a

27%!!!! who do you work for?