My emails are being labeled as spam. Why?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DanK104, Sep 9, 2006.

1. DanK104 macrumors member

Sep 6, 2006
    I recently registered a new domain name for use for email. Something similar to "" (except my name isn't Smith). The reason was so I can have a permanent email address that doesn't depend on me staying with my current ISP. The domain is hosted at my businesses' host site. Anyway, when I started emailing some people, my emails ended up in their Spam or Bulk email folders. This included everyone with an address. Also Hotmail and AOL seem okay.

My question is: is there a way to prevent my email from being considered spam? I know I can ask my friends to list me as an "okay address", but that means I first need to contact (from some other email account) everyone I plan to email, which is not real practical.

Thanks for advice!
  2. Blackheart macrumors 6502a

Mar 13, 2004
    Try contacting the ISPs that think your email is spam. Maybe they only have a whitelist?
  3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    It could also be that resolves to a particular IP address (e.g., but when IP address is looked up (called a reverse name lookup), it doesn't map back to

Some email servers do these reverse lookups and flag messages that don't pass the test. Again, this is something to take up with your ISP.