My Finder Keeps Shutting Down...HELP!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by BrentB, Nov 18, 2003.

1. BrentB macrumors newbie

Nov 18, 2003
    When I click on my HD the finder opens then shutsdown and restarts. None of the actively running programs are affected just the finder which means I can't load new software and can't look through my HD. I have tried to throw away, but this didn't work any other ideas. Thanks.
  2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Mar 2, 2002
    You should post your question over at TheTechPub. First Register if you have not already done so, then post your question at the site. You probably will get more detailed and direct help there than I have seen from a lot of people offering advice on this site.

When you post your question (the issue you're having), make sure you post your computer model, amount of RAM, operating system, and free Hard Drive space. Also include everything you've tried to attempt reworking the Finder.
  3. jMc macrumors 6502

Nov 19, 2001
    London N8, Late-16th Century
    If you're running Panther and have an old version of the Silk haxie installed - remove it...

4. cb911 macrumors 601

Mar 12, 2002
    BrisVegas, Australia
    theTechPub only has two threads and a poll in the Panther forum...

i'm having the same problem as well, but it only started in the last couple of weeks. the Finder sometimes quits when i'm in the middle of moving files from one partition to another. usually not at any other time.

i'm also leaving my PB on a fair bit... right now it's 4 days 22hrs uptime, and i've got Photoshop, InDesign, Painter 8 and some other stuff open as well, so i'm noticing some slow down. don't know if this has anything to do with the Finder problems.