My first animation!!

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by stoid, Dec 9, 2003.

1. stoid macrumors 601

Feb 17, 2002
    So long, and thanks for all the fish!
    On the side (sans formal instruction) here as a computer science major at Northwest Missouri State University, I have created my first 3D masterpiece based on the new Apple 20 inch FP iMac.

The model lacks optical drive and ports, but otherwise is very cosmetically similar to the real thing. The model rendered in all it's glory can be seen here.

I made a simple animation using my model and added sound/music in FCP. This animation can be found highly compressed (anyone got some fast free web-space?? :) ) here.

Anyone out there (and I know that there are a few in the animation business) have any comments? I really enjoy doing this and I would love to go into it as a career, but I am broke, and therefore attending a state university :(.

edit: hmmmm no one seems to be looking at this thread here, Imma go post it where people might actually stumble upon it. Mod, if you are so inclined you may kill this thread like the Newton. :p
  2. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Oct 8, 2003
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    That's great stoid! I loved it, really got what I was feeling about the 20" iMac across.

Now for the obvious questions:
    1. How long did it take you?
    2. What programs did you use?
    3. Is the process you went through anything like what the Pixar animators go through to make movies like Finding Nemo and Toy Story?

Thanks, and again, great job!
  3. sethypoo macrumors 68000

Oct 8, 2003
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    I say, send it to Apple, and Pixar while you're at it. Email it to them, burn it to CD and mail it to them.....this could get you a never know.
  4. poisonmonkey macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2003
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Bravo! that was absolutely amazing!
    Keep up the good work!
  5. teabgs macrumors 68030

Jan 18, 2002
    behind you
    hey stoid.

The only reason I saw the other thread is because it was on the front page at the time. I would have seen it now anyway...just to let you know.

I've been real busy with my film, so I just dont browse the forums much...

but overall, I do think people tend to not venture into the mac scene as much...
    oh well. their loss...