My first Apple Store Experience!

Discussion in 'Community' started by sebisworld, Jan 9, 2005.

1. sebisworld macrumors 6502

Jun 24, 2003
    Well, I'm flying to Iceland today and since I have a ten hour layover in London Stanstead, I decided to check out the AppleStore in London. It's a pretty cool place, although it's a little bit too crowded - but that's good for Apple, isn't it?

So, I have two hours to go, already checked out one of those gigantic 30" displays and got bumped into by an Apple employee. Now I'm sitting here with my very own PowerBook, downloading illegal movies (or maybe not). I don't know yet if it was worth to spend like 26 pounds to get here (The guy at Stanstead charged me too much for the Single Day Return) but it's a lot better than staring at check-in counters!

Anyway, I had a great flight here. It was 29€, I got a free newspaper, drinks and food. I also sat in a new plane. Last time I was in London I got here by an hyper-expensive, dirty British Airways plane that only served small snacks and was out of newspapers when it should have been my turn.

A job here, though - that would still top it all. And fewer people to put on the "never ever marry list" in the underground....
  2. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

Nov 22, 2002
    Sounds like a fun experience for you. Enjoy the return to Iceland ... :)
    My first store was Soho ..
  3. killuminati macrumors 68020

Dec 6, 2004
    my first was in japan. It was huge!!! 6 floors! :rolleyes:
  4. iArtificialLife macrumors member

Jan 1, 2005
    my heart is in tokyo,japan
    My first was in Plano,Texas........Though my dad lives in Stratford Upon Avon and we always go to London. I really want to go to that Apple store.Next time see him, i am going to try and make him switch from being a Crapdow fanatic.
  5. AnewMac macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2004
    The Northern Plains of OK!
    I wish I didnt live in BFE where all mac stuff must be mail ordered! I envy you all!
  6. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

Jul 20, 2004
    I used to live in Ohio and the Columbus store was an just over an hour away, now I'm in Indianapolis and within 30 minutes of one. It's great :) I meant to go to the SoHo one when I was in NYC but unfortunately never got around to it, next time though :)

7. ravenvii macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    Melenkurion Skyweir
    The first Apple store I went to was at the SoHo. I was there for the grand opening actually. Still have the free t-shirt they handed out too.
  8. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    My next trip that I want to make is to NYC. Really want to see SOHO, flag ship Apple Store. Just can't imagine what it will be like to visit multiple floors. The theater sounds awesome. Maybe that will tide me over till we get one in the Boston area.