my first citizen's arrest !

Discussion in 'Community' started by 3rdpath, Jan 3, 2003.

1. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    thought i'd share how i had one of my neighbors and his accomplice thrown in jail today. and since he's already on probation, he'll probably do some real time. here's my tj hooker moment...

yesterday morning( 5:45am) i saw my neighbor( he lives around the corner and is rumored to be a drug addict) and another guy standing next to a p/u truck in front of my home. they eventaully walked off in the direction of his home. i thought it was strange but went back to bed. later i go out to get my paper and notice that an antique table that sits between two chairs on our porch is missing...damn, it was a nice table and had my new cigar cutter in the drawer. i'm pissed but i figure its not worth reporting to the police. obviously, the truck is gone( i'd never seen it before)...

so this morning i'm out walking with my daughter and what do i see on the next street? the same p/u truck, now loaded with chairs, lawn mowers and...my table( complete with cigar cutter and monogramed matchboxes in the drawer). how friggin stupid can these guys be? so i call the police and they have me fill out all the forms to make a citizen's arrest. they go to his house, arrest him and his buddy, impound the truck and bring the table back to my house.

sweet!

2. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

Good for you.

Sounds like your neighbor is either extremely cocky or extremely stupid. I'm leaning towards stupid.

3. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    i agree, plain stupid.

i hope he gets what he deserves.

4. job macrumors 68040

job

very stupid or very high...

oh wait, same thing... ;)

nice work.

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

My guess would be cocky, stupid, and high. Those 3 are dangerous
    when they come together. He probably acted like Oba Rahl from
    'the Pillars of Creation' by Terry GOodkind. I doubt anyone has
    any clue what he was like, but thats ok. ;) :p :rolleyes: :D

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Never underestimate stupidity - that's pretty damn funny - good job 3rdpath. The police give you a deputies badge? :D

D

7. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Well, yesterday I was in a riot and we have 2 people dead, one oposition and one red cross.

Looks like by monday every single venezualen bank is going to join 100% the national strike again. Every body is very pissed.

I couldn't arrest any body by for shure I "thruwed" (throw in past tense) a good ammount of rocks to the National Guard.

8. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

too funny

congrats on catching the mongrammed cigar cutter thieves:p :p :p

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Congratulations!

That's definitely worth the effort. I don't know if I would claim a T.J. Hooker moment though. :D

10. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

if he was laughing with the police, then they all froze in that position, it counts. :)

11. Magicite macrumors newbie

be careful

Be wary for awhile though, he may be the kind to get 'revenge.'

12. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Congrats

Congrats on getting your table back. I'm assuming you didn't walk over there by yourself and say, you're under arrest. Did the cops go and arrest the guy?

13. 3rdpath thread starter macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    yep, the cops had me file the paperwork and then they did the "bust"...they didn't want me there...or for the 2 boneheads to know where i lived. depending on how fried they are, it would be pretty simple to figure out who filed the action....i'm literally about 7 houses away from them and the table they stole is back out on my front porch.

anyway, i've been talking with my neighbors and it turns out i'm just one of many who've had problems with the guy. everyone on the local police force knows him and of his shenanigans. i was curious how he could afford to live in our area and it turns out he lives with his mother( whom i've never seen...it wouldn't surprise me if they found her mummified in their house... ).

one of my neighbors works for the city and is gonna get the full scoop for me tomorrow. hopefully with all the stuff that was in the truck they can press felony charges. we'll see...

...now back to the pre-mwsf rumors.....:D

14. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Congrats!

I had similar problems at my FORMER residence, but the police here wouldn't help me out. They kept stealing things from the porches. Stupid stuff, really, but it was the principle of the thing.

Regards,
    Gus

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations on your remarkable story. You must feel a great deal of self satisfaction.

Its usually stupid mistakes and being cocky that is the downfall of criminals, lucky for us.

Was your table it its original condition? How much time are the criminals going to serve?