My First Cruise...Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Community' started by yzeater, Jul 18, 2003.

1. yzeater macrumors regular

Oct 19, 2002
    Hey guys-
    We're leaving next weekend for our first cruise, and I was hoping that I could get some suggestions on how to make it as fun as possible. It's a 7 day Western Carribean cruise on Holland America (key west, cozumel, grand cayman, half moon cay). We've got a medium room (exterior, porch, 220 sq ft), and our dinner table is a large one (maybe that's not the correct term, but it's where you sit with other people, not just your family). So what do we want to do at the stops? Any tips to the room, activites on the boat days, dinner, essentially how can we optimize the fun on this trip? Thanks a lot guys
  2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    Re: My First Cruise...Suggestions?

haha, the secret is to repair your permissions to optmizie...wait no...I think the best way to have fun is to not fight with your family ....not sure if thats an issue but esepcially on something so tight quartered it'll be importatn...Have you tried things liek windsurfing, tubing, water skis? If not and you can spend some time doing things like that....Also considering fishing, i've always had fun hooked up my ipod and going out for a few hours (drinking too sometimes) If someething looks cool and they are offering do it
  3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    There is usually a lot of eating on a cruise. Try not to overdo it, since you may not be used to eating as much as they'll offer. The last thing you want is a stomach ache when there are so many activities you'll want to try.