My first day of highschool was yesterday and holy **** it was ****ing cool!

Discussion in 'Community' started by wake up Jobs!!!, Aug 27, 2002.

1. wake up Jobs!!! macrumors regular

Miami Killian highschool is the coolest highschool, I think. The only pronblem is im taking AP courses in 9th grade so my classes are College credits. This means that I am taking the hardest classes allowed for ninthgraders, I even have the history book the University of Miami uses. Most of my teachers are asses because they say that most of us will get C's and or flunk a course this year. They can shove it up their asses if they want to. The food they serve there is awsome, we got Subway, Pizza Hut, PaPa Johns, Mc Donalds, and Chinese food as well as the ****ty cafeteria food. Also we get to bring laptops to school and take notes on them:eek: .well I was just so belated about highschool, I thought i should notify you all. Don't flame me for this thread:mad:

-GaBe-O

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Glad to see you're excited about school - get back to us in a few weeks and let us know how it goes. And don't let your teachers scare you, that isn't very motivational on their part, either.

Good luck.

D

3. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

How can you get all those restaurants to serve there? Do they have booths or something? Man, I wish I went to that school.

4. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

They diliver food to the school and then it is sold at little kiosks in the cortyard next to the cafeteria. I am not bsing you, ill send pics if you want

-GaBe-O

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its still fast food, and how much do you have to pay for it? Same as if you went to the regular store or do you get a student discount? The thought of having to drop 5+ on lunch every day seems a bit much to me for school - but hey, I haven't been in highschool since the 80s......

6. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

In my country there was a movie (filmed here) and on one of the scenes was a bunch of people in a jail and stuff. The jail location was a public high school here down town. I'm sure the actors where affraid of the students attending there.:D

7. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

ok here goes. for the chinese it is 1.25 for one of those takeout containers with mushoo pork or chicken. for the pizza slices, hudge pizzahut slices are a buck each. the mc donalds burgers are 75 cents each and a buck 25 for a burger and fries. the subway six inchers are 1.25 also for either ham , turkey, or tuna. and then thay have that dade country school lunch that is nictoreoulsy bad too if you want. they also have every kind of Ice cream ever made in this vending machine and about 20 different soda machines

-GaBe-O

8. B2TM little bro macrumors member

hi, i don't know if im flaming or not but here we go, this is an oppinionated web site right?
    first of all ap classes , you don't get the college credit , which you said you did, unless you pass the ap test, as in 3 or higher
    second it sounds like your going to a really nice school if you have the chance to take ap classes as a ninth grader, and all the food choices. Yet you are so uncivilized, hrrmm?, is the vulgur language really a necessity? sheesh.
    well anyway have a nice day, me

9. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

all i have to do is pass the course and take a test and then i get college credits, what my teachers said.:eek: also I choose to say what i said the way I said it because I am belated about my highschool. If you don't like the way I say it, then i dont know what to say but there is no law against freedome of speach. Now comeon , im shure on this site that you have see people use 100 times more vulgar language than i did now so stop whining.:rolleyes:

Oh here it comes the motherload of flames:rolleyes: :eek:

-GaBe-O

10. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

HighSchool

yea, my first day is in about a week. I am just focusing on football, its hot and tiring. 110 degrees today, with 2-a-days?!? I have to go back in 2 hours :(

Oh well, its good being the QB who demonstrates because of their "perfect" footwork :D

Highschool will be fun, i hope. I went to summer school and had a blast. PARTIES!!

11. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

Also Sean Jean rapper guy who is desguised as b2tm's brotherRAP IS NOT A FORM OF MUSIC , I AM SHURE THATS WHAT YOU LISTEN TO, NO ONE EVER TELLS POOP DADY NOT TO SAY **** **** **** , SO DONT TELL ME HOW TO TALK. ALSO I hope you dont smoke weed like all those other crackhead rappers:rolleyes:

sheeeseh

-GaBe-O

12. D0ct0rteeth macrumors 65816

D0ct0rteeth

13. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

I was going to go out for the football team this year, but I was working the whole summer and I missed the first practice. Next year I will try out for Tight end:D Thats cool u r playing QB football is a awsome sport if you are willing to get knocked around:D

-GaBe-O

14. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

as you can see my 8th grade english teacher was a crackhead:eek: she really was crazy. -GaBe-O

15. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

My first day of my senior year was on the 19th, and it sucked ass. They screwed up my schedule, the school still uses crappy old dell's, and as far as lunch goes, lets just say it's barely enough to feed a first grader... My whole school district has free lunch, because the majority of the students are financially challenged, so that automatically means that the food sucks... We do have a snack bar that still serves school food, but it's a bit better... The only thing is that a measley slice of pizza costs $1.50... Nachos cost $1.75, and so forth... Even kids with money still are forced to eat crappy food, unless you bring your own lunch...

As far as the teachers saying you'll get C's, or flunk, that's normal. Most students going into AP classes usually got straight A's, and did all of their work, but in AP classes, things change. The teachers might also be reccomended to warn students that the odds are that your grades will drop. Mine did, and so did everyone else's grades in my first AP class... Just work hard, and keep up with the assignments, and you'll probably do fine...

16. prophet macrumors newbie

Hey are stalking me or something? i do like rap , but i like a diversity of musics too. And i don't smoke pot, i don't do drugs, are you joking, please, and disguising myself, i am his brother, but i had to change my name, i ABSOLUTELY HATE conformity, maybe i was Ralph waldo Emerson in my past life?
    I started school a couple weeks ago, MY SENIOR Year, Yeyah!. lol sorry that's for the insiders only. anywho, sorry for being rude :D and i hope things get better for you in the school of high.

17. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, It isnt very supportive of teachers saying to the class, "most of you will get c's and some will fail , but mabe it is like so way to make us work harder:( I will be trying my hardest to get the grades so I can get a free ride through college :D . That gives me another idea, how about I about every month or so make a thread updating everyone about my first high school year. I think it would be cool to show the perspective of a freshman in highschool:D

-GaBe-O

18. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Advice to all current high schoolers

Take AP courses and pass the AP tests. You'll get college credit for this, which means you not only save money on tuition, but you could conceivably graduate college sooner. AP courses in high school are MUCH easier than the same courses in college (although they still are more difficult than other high school courses). Don't ever think that you're taking a college-level course when you're taking a high school AP course, because even if you use the same textbooks, the pace of the course is slower, the requirements are much lighter, and the depth of the material is much shallower.

Actually, let me correct myself. Take high school AP courses if you don't care much about the subject material and just want the fastest, easiest route to college graduation. Take the college courses if you actually care about learning the material. :)

Alex

19. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Man I feel old being around all these little high schoolers.

Remember, too, that college is a lot harder because not only are you taking tough courses, but you're tempted with skipping, booze, drugs, and women. Tough to do well under those conditions for a lot of people.

20. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

no problemo man. I over reacted to your so called flame post. I get mad when I'm flamed because it seems like it happens daily. I should watch my language.:D At first you seemed like the kids at my highschool who go running aroud saying " Im going to bust a cap in ur ass", but your not. I just got off on the wrong foot. Change your name back to b2tmbrother. he is famous on this site:D
    sorry,

-GaBe-O

21. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

dang i havent heard or thought about high school in a long while.

good to see a high schooler generally excited about it.

but yeah college is much more intresting!:D heh

i follow D0ct0rteeth's route in grammer check...

its sure... not shure.

rock it!

22. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

ok when i get critiqued on this site i usually get mad but........... im holding it back. Ok I'm a bad speller, big deal. When I type fast I usually do that.:(

-GaBe-O

23. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Whoops, it appears mcrain forgot he was posting this on Macrumors... I think by drugs, he meant EverQuest, and by women, he meant masturbation. :)

24. wake up Jobs!!! thread starter macrumors regular

25. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

:gasp:

all my high school had was bits of meat from various body parts of the sub-human species living in the air ducts. j/k, it sucked though, and the population in the school was, like 90% mutton-brained jocks, whose conversations went exactly like this(no exaggeration!)
    jock#1:kid, ur such a diddlah(boston accent)
    jock#2:dude, ill bang you out diddlah, your such a leppah!
    jock#1:your not even tough, kid, ill SO bang you out!
    etc............
    and laptops? naaahhhh, the only place where the rulebook said we could have them was in the "media center"(library). and the media center ladies were cruel tyrants who yelled a wealth of contradictions at us. If we had more than 4 people at a table, we had to go to opposite sides of the room, and if we spoke above our "six-inch-voices" we were told to leave. I swear that place was a ball and chain on my way toward adulthood. College better be a hell of a lot better or im getting my money back!