My first few shots with my new lens (55-200mm VR Nikon)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by firstapple, Aug 25, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

Sep 25, 2007
    Hey all,

I have posted here before, and I hope to be posting more in the photography forum. I wanted to share a shot I took with my new 55-200mm AF-S VR lens. I am using a Nikon D40... Also, I would like to know the best way to post my pictures here? Is the way I did it the correct/best way?

This is a shot I took of my girlfriend's parent's golden retriever:

Flag at my parents marina off Lake St. Clair in Michigan:

My little nephew driving around in his first "car":

One of the many Ford Mustangs at the Woodward Dream Cruise:

Take a look at my account if you are interested in other pictures: Scottington's SmugMug! Be aware not all pictures are from my D40, but may have instead been taken with P&S cameras.
  2. macrumors Nehalem

Feb 19, 2005
    It is nice, but I think a slightly larger version would be useful to see the true quality of the lens.
    That and you said "few shots" so I expected more. ;)
  3. macrumors 6502a

Oct 12, 2007
    Great colours, but you definitely needed to include that magnificent Golden Retriever's nose!

PS Is that flag the one that finished behind China in the medals' table? (**getting coat, running for door**)
  4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 25, 2007
    Jessica, if I could figure out how to post pictures where you can click on them for a larger picture that would be great... Any ideas? Thanks!
    (For now I have just posted the link to my account where you can see the pictures in much better detail)