My first impressions (after being jerked around at the store)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by matthewHUB, Feb 7, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

So the Apple store in Rochester jerked me around a bit but i FINALLY picked up the 1.8 SSD.

Doing a clean install thanks to that great sticky thread.

Ok so done the install. guys... this thing is AMAZING! I have most of my files saved on my home mac and use remote sharing to access them. getting a new HD to plug into my airport extreme bass station to serve as a music hub for all the macs. so far i installed office 2008, and iwork, and dreamweaver 8, and my disk space free is 44.6gb. i used xslimmer - just dragged ALL my apps into it and saved almost 2 gb!

I'll post more and edit this top post. feel free to ask me stuff. Battery life so far is good.

oh, and the speaker is AMAZING!

2. macrumors 65816

iDAG

How much convincing did the person at the Apple Store have to do to get you to buy that high end MBA?

3. MRU
    macrumors demi-god

MRU

I thought this thread had some sexual connotation with a title like that.. damn am I dissapointed ;)

4. macrumors 6502a

troll alert lol.

Anyways,
    Congrats!

5. macrumors 65816

iDAG

WOW! Does it look like I'm a troll? I'm asking a real question here dude :mad:

6. thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

LOL actually I went in knowing full well I'd get the ssd. I've had to replace my hard drive 3 times in my pb g4 12" so I thought by the time you factor that into the cost, the ssd is only a small premium. But the apple guy did very well. He knew I knew my stuff, and let me get on with my own tests.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

sorry... The only thing sexual right now is how damn sexy my MBA looks!

8. macrumors 6502a

Yeah since he said he had to try hard to get one.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

guys... this thing is AMAZING! I have most of my files saved on my home mac and use remote sharing to access them. getting a new HD to plug into my airport extreme bass station to serve as a music hub for all the macs. so far i installed office 2008, and iwork, and dreamweaver 8, and my disk space free is 44.6gb. i used xslimmer - just dragged ALL my apps into it and saved almost 2 gb!