My first Mac...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Natalia81, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Natalia81 macrumors regular

Aug 7, 2004
    So I finally ordered my PB. It will be my first Mac. I ordered it Saturday night. It shipped sometime early today.

Anyone know what the Custom SW I is? The only thing I added was the 80gb drive.
  2. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Since it says Not Applicable, it probably just means you didn't order any custom software. My iMac G5 order page has 065-4681 (very close to the number for Custom SW I in your post) with Not Applicable next to it. On some of the pages while I was ordering it, it said Bluetooth Module - None in the list of specifications, so it probably just includes that stuff in the list whether you're buying it or not.
  3. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

It would be filled if you had ordered FCP, or something else.
    Congrats on your new mac:)
  4. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

May 1, 2003
    Using my keen powers of deductive reasoning, I come to the conclusion that Custom SW I means Custom software installation. Since you didn't order any other software from apple, none will be installed, i.e. Final Cut.
  5. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    great choice for a first mac. I bought the exact same setup back in late June and could not be happier. Also, I highly recommend upgrading to at least 768 mb of ram. It really compliments the faster harddrive and makes apps load much faster.
  6. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

May 30, 2004
    Madison, WI
    Nice, but definately get some more RAM in that beast
  7. earthtoandy macrumors 6502

Jan 18, 2003
    i am getting that exact configuration and i will be adding 1gb. i cant wait. not soon enough! congrats!!!!
  8. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    I believe that you'll be really pleased with that machine....congrats :)
  9. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Jul 23, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    I've had the same machine since May, and I love it. In all honesty, I didn't see any difference between 256 MB and 768 MB. Of course, I do nothing intensive on this computer, so that's probably why. It's a great machine, and I hope you enjoy it. :)