my first new car!

Discussion in 'Community' started by chibianh, Sep 28, 2003.

1. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

Some of you might have seen it already, but i'm still ecstatic about my first new car! i can call it my very own because i'm paying for it :) My first car was a hand me down civic. I gave that car back to my parents. It's still in great condition so my little sister is driving it now.

I've had this baby for about 3 weeks now. Another mac user actually recommended this car to me and since i got it, i also found another mac user who has one :)

http://homepage.mac.com/chibianh/PhotoAlbum35.html

2. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

cool man. i have a 96 Civic LX, myself. they make a kick-ass car. congrats!

3. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

congrats on the new car...hondas, at least the ones i have seen, last forever

i have never had a "new" car, but if i did, honda would be at the top of my list

4. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

heh just promise me you won't murder it by slapping a 3 foot tall rear spoiler, yellow paint, and a few automotive decals on it. Promise me :D

5. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

Or the loud muffler thing or lowering it so far to the ground that it scrapes the pavement where a skateboard could easily cross... What's with that anyway?

6. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

wow...that's a pretty nice car man...

It's kinda similar in style to my Matrix. I've been told the same thing by some people; "looks like a car that a Mac user would drive!" :D

so u get that thing up to speed yet? ;)

7. chibianh thread starter macrumors 6502a

chibianh

it's funny you should ask that.. I think the car is pretty peppy as it is. However, any mods I do to the exterior or the engine won't be done until after winter is over. If anything, I'll probably just ad a cold air intake, a mid pipe on the exhaust.. maybe a new header and ecu. As for the exterior, i won't do anything major. I'm not gonna "rice" it out, as some would say. I might just go for some bigger rims, and a drop of an inch or 1.5" to close up the wheel well gap. and maybe a slightly bigger wing than the stock one.

But.. like i said.. all after winter is over.. It has a sweet interior, imo. I'll post some pics too if u like.

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

yeah...if u ask me...they look better without all those racing style body kits ;)

What size is the motor? It's got a V-TEC engine, so it should be pretty fun at high revs, eh? My car's motor is very similar to it...redlines at 8200 rpm. The increased powerband starts at 6200...insane! :D

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wow, that's actually quite nice. I used to hate Civic hatchbacks, but yours is looking pretty decent. I usually think of the VW Golf or Ford Focus, both of which are nice, but I didn't even know Honda still made the hatchback. Congrats. :)

And yes, interior pics would be nice.

Now if they only brought the Audi A3 to North America..... :mad:

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations on your new Honda Civic chibianh. It's a great car, highly reccomended by Consumer Reports. Silver is a great color. It's the same that we have on our Volvo. Being that I'm 6' 8" and my wife is 6' 1", would never fit into a Civic!
    :p

11. chibianh thread starter macrumors 6502a

chibianh

I added some more pics, including some interior pics and some night shots. The night shots are terrible but oh well. How u like the shifter, eh?

http://homepage.mac.com/chibianh/PhotoAlbum35.html

wdlove, wow, being that tall must be cool. i'm about a foot shorter than u and i feel small in my car. who knows, u might fit it okay.

abstract, i also looked at the golf and the focus. their interiors aren't as nice as the the civic, imo. have u seen the 2005 golf? it looks kinda similar to my civic :p
    http://www.edmunds.com/news/autoshows/articles/100537/page006.html

eyelikeart, yeah.. i'm loving the engine. it's got the new k-series engine with i-VTEC. unlike the previous vtec engines, there's no vtec "kick" at high rpms. vtec is active throught the rpm band and provides silky smooth power across the rpm band also. there's more "oomph" at lower rpms. my friend has a 2000 Si and the vtec kick is pretty cool.

12. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

boy, that shifter kind of reminds me of... :eek:

nice interior, though i disagree that it's any nicer than the golf's. that steering wheel with the wood finish was gimpy, but overall it was plenty nice.

13. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

congrats. nothing better than a good ol honda (or acura). that vtec will be nice on the open roads. everyone looks as i floor it on the freeway with the vtec turning on in my tl. check out comptechusa.com. they make specialty parts for acura and honda, they have some really good performace parts to squeeze more out of it. congrats again.

iJon

14. chibianh thread starter macrumors 6502a

chibianh

The Golf's (2003) interior is nice.. but it just doesn't have the quality and the fit and finish of the honda.. the seats in the honda are very supportive and holds u in place on tight corners. As for the shifter, I'm loving it. It feels so natural where it is. After 10 minutes driving, I wonder why other car manufacturers don't put it there. It just feels so good!

15. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

yes, it will be good to teach your girlfriend how to "drive" a standard...

16. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Whoa, wait a second. Those are the seats that come with your effing car!!! :eek:

My friend just got a Civic Sedan 2 months ago.......30th Anniversary edition Civic or something. It came with a free spoiler and chrome-look interior or something, but it definitely did NOT come with those seats......

I had thought you paid alot for them or something.

Edit: Oh nevermind, I got confused. In Canada, we call your car the Civic SiR. I believe the Civic Si is different here.

17. Steradian macrumors 6502

Great car man. Still got that wonderful new car smell? heh...I got my first car not too long ago...Yay for classic hand me downs :/

18. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Ahh...I gotcha. That's the thing with these types of motors (not yours), is the slight lack of power from take off. I'm not complaining, my Matrix picks up just fine...but the thing is nuts at higher rpm! :D

19. true777 macrumors 6502a

true777

Now if they only brought the Audi *A2* to America!!

78 mpg without being a hybrid, excellent engineering, smart design.
    Now that's a car that would look good on a Mac user (well, at least on me :p )

PS: And no, it's not one of these tiny cars you see zipping around in Japan and Europe.

Attached Files:

• a2.jpg
      a2.jpg
      File size:
      13.1 KB
      Views:
  20. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

wow that is impressive. especially for not a hybrid. i like the civic hyrid, a great step in teh right direction. only problem for me though is that it only has 87hp. i gotta have a fast car :)

iJon

21. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

yeah wish we'd got the civic or audi instead of the the merc a class...great car though, just mercedes dealers are the pits, and very expensive pits at that..imo of course. :mad:

22. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

of course, a hummer would look good on you :p

but Audi does the most beautifully designed car in the world, i must admit. i'm going to get one of these once i make my millions, or at least hundreds of thousands (here's hoping...).

23. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Not always a good idea shadowfax. My then future wife didn't know how to drive. So I encouraged her to learn, so she took some driving lessons.

My mistake was to encourage her to purchase a VW Bug. Her comment was, "I don't know how to drive a stick." She was uneasy about the car, but overall like the car. She had an accident. As you can imagine, I heard about that mistake for quite awhile!

24. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

man, you people totally brushed over my sexual innuendo! i'm ashamed of you all.

25. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I hope you realize that buy adding all that stuff you *are* ricing the car :D ;) :p