My first psp related problem

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ultimate-Omen, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Ultimate-Omen macrumors member

when i purchased my psp in december of 2005 i also bought a hori screen protector for it and haven't had any problems. but today the screen protector became uneven (seems it slowly slid it's way to the lower right corner of my screen) and i had to take it off to reapply it. when i was reapplying i kept noticing small little pieces of lint and dust. i took off the protector and cleaned the lint off. went to reapply again and once again...dust and lint. went to reapply a third time and still the same result. i even went outside (was really mad at this point) and tried to reapply...still lint and dust. so at this point my psp is sitting on my table collecting...dust. seems kind of stupid to charge people 5+ dollars for something that difficult to apply. what bothers me most is that i got it perfect the first time i applied it...then this crap started.
    anyone else really paranoid about their psp's screen?

2. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Man forget about a screen protector just keep your PSP in a case and it will be fine, what i found is that the PSP has a very resilliant coating on its screen anyway, to be honest the little scratches are part and parcel of the PSP and there is no point trying to avoid them completely, if you take good care of the unit it will remain to look good....

Shadow:cool:

3. Ultimate-Omen thread starter macrumors member

*sigh* i'm scared to play it without the protector :p :(

4. Ultimate-Omen thread starter macrumors member

well i went to my local ebgames and picked up 2 hori screen protectors. after some yelling and cursing i finally got one on with the least amount of dust and lint i could (packaging tape contact to take off fingerprints and dust) and joy! it's on fairly even and despite a few tiny pieces of lint (got the majority out) that arent noticible even during a game, i couldnt be happier. also, any of you psp owners actually use the soft case that comes with the psp?

-Omen

5. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

Always. I don't have a screen protector. the case keeps scratches off and it can keep water away from the actual psp if some drips on it.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

man i got a logitech playgear case...screw the screen protector..the case is doing its job. I had my psp from launch and still nothing on the screen....get a logitech playgear....

Bless

7. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I have the Hori screen protector on both my PSP and my iPod, I just bought a second and cut it down to fit over the iPod screen. They really are life savers, I never worry about scratches and fingerprints are less noticable. I use the soft case that came with my PSP to bring it with me, it does the job for me. FYI, go buy Tokobot, it is a really fun game.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

off topic: ^^tokobots is excellent...playing it as i type, which seems odd but yea!:)

Bless

9. Ultimate-Omen thread starter macrumors member

my goodness...you hijacked my thread! :D
    since i've no hope of regaining it, i must ask, what is tokobots like?

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

ok here goes:
    the came is about the robots called tokobots. you control the tokobots which u can use to solve puzzles and fight. you the player have 3 formations you can pick from to pull off "Joint actions" most of the time you will be solving puzzles and contoling the bots. the boards are rich in color and it never gets boring. check it out at gamespot.com

Bless

11. Ultimate-Omen thread starter macrumors member

hmm...so its a sort of puzzle game where you make "chain reactions"?
    oh and what i meant by my question was, what is the game like? :p :D

12. blaster_boy macrumors 6502

blaster_boy

On my pocket pc I have a screen protector that is 'washable'. You peel it off, clean it under running cold water, let it dry and reapply it.

Works fine, don't know if the same works with a psp screen protector (I would guess so).

While the end result is ok-ish, it is still less pristine than when you buy a new one of course...

13. Ultimate-Omen thread starter macrumors member

well the hori screen protector for psp (easily the best choice. adhesive-less and reuseable) is covered with a silicone coat, which is why it "sticks" to the psp's screen. washing it, i believe, will ruin it's stick.

14. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Don't they have invisible shields for the PSP now? If I had a PSP I would get the IS

15. Ultimate-Omen thread starter macrumors member

the I.S. is kinda clunky. i personally love the feel of my "naked" psp. it just feels in my hands better naked then if it were inside a playgear pocket (that uber-popular case that out sells the psp itself :D )