My first real attempt at photoshop. Tell me what you think

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by GreyFox1221, Apr 1, 2006.

1. GreyFox1221 macrumors regular

I just got Photoshop today and tried to edit this picture to make it look better. I know its not the best photo in the world, but I think it had great subject matter! (BTW thats me in the Banana Suit.)

Original

Post-Photoshop

2. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Not bad, not bad. I can see some color bleed around your pants but otherwise... not bad.
    I cant believe you broke a rule. tisk, tisk.

3. KD7IWP macrumors 6502a

KD7IWP

Hey, not bad. I haven't used Photoshop many times myself, but you did well. If you are asking anyone to be critical I would note that I can see a little bit of red around your legs. But who am I to criticize? I can hardly draw a line in Photoshop!

4. GreyFox1221 thread starter macrumors regular

I noticed that red too, but I don't know how to get it back to grey. Thanks for your comments. Its good to have some moral support behind your work.

5. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

there are better and more accurate ways to get that effect in photoshop other than using a brush method (wether its history brush, paintbrush or eraser)

Also, its way way over-saturated, often you need to tone down the colours when spot colouring/selective colouring.

Personally, i think the whole photograph would have been better presented and far better balanced if you have just selected the red sign instead of the whole yellow fella.