My friend still can't get confirmation e-mail

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by leekohler, Mar 30, 2005.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I just had a friend switch to a Mac and he tried to join the site but still hasn't gotten his confirmation e-mail.

Here is his info:

[edited]

Any idea what's wrong? He tried to do this yesterday.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

probably not good to post his password, should probably PM a mod too

3. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

- Don't post people's passwords on the forum.
    - I deleted the account so it doesn't get hijacked. Tell him to reregister and use a different password. The reason he didn't get a confirmation email is he typed in the wrong email address.
    - Note: you also can't use yahoo.com email addresses to register due to the number of spamming accounts created.

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh God- you're right. I shouldn't have posted his password. The only e-mail he has is yahoo at this point. He has Comcast as his provider. Should he use that?

5. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Are you ready for this? My friend has Comcast and they never told him what his e-mail address was let alone set him up with a password. They just plugged him in and that was it. How do we fix this? We went to the Comcast website and it was no help. So he's been using Yahoo instead. Should we call Comcast and complain?

6. iLikeMyiMac macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Try http://www.jetable.org/en/index to see if it works. It's a disposable email address that will forward all email sent to it for 1 to 8 days. I don't know if it will work here but it works on other websites that don't let you use a free email address.

7. LeeTom macrumors 68000

LeeTom