My Fujifilm camera won't connect to computer

Discussion in 'OS X' started by equalsabracket, Feb 28, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Nov 10, 2008
    I have a macbook pro and when i try and connect my Fujifilm A850 camera to it, a light blinks green rapidly, with the screen being grey and reading USB. But the camera doesn't appear to be connected to the computer as a drive and doesn't appear when iPhoto is open. When i connect it to my dad's iMac however, it works fine.

Any ideas about why this might be?
  2. macrumors Core

Jul 24, 2006
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
  3. Guest

Sep 7, 2008
    forlod bygningen
    As almost always, more information is needed.

What Mac OS X version and what iPhoto version are on the MBP and on the iMac?

Was there any software (drivers) coming with the camera?

Have you taken a look at the support page from Fujifilm?
  4. macrumors G4

Jul 17, 2002
    Each brand of digicam requires a different setting to enable communications with a computer. Do you have your camera set properly?
  5. thread starter macrumors regular

Nov 10, 2008
    Camera is set properly. It used to work with this computer when it was on Leopard and iPhoto 09 but then i installed Snow Leopard and whenever I've tried plugging it in after then it has done exactly what it's doing now. iMac is on Leopard and iPhoto 09. So maybe it's a leopard problem?
  6. macrumors 68040

Jan 25, 2009
  7. macrumors 6502a

Jan 13, 2008
    Sydney, Australia
    I had the same problem with my Fujifilm Z30 on my MacBook (wouldn't show up on Image Capture, iPhoto or even the bundled software), and I noticed it was because I was storing the photos on the camera's memory, rather than an SD card. As soon as I bought an SD card and started to store the photos on there, iPhoto instantly recognised it.