My G4 ibook is on its way out, should I upgrade to a MBP?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by brianbkny, Dec 26, 2006.

  1. macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2004
    #1
    My ibook has pretty much become unusable. I REALLY want to upgrade to a 15" MBP this week or next week. Should I wait or just go for it? Buy a refurb or a brand new one?
     
  2. macrumors 6502a

    NotFound

    Joined:
    Nov 30, 2006
    #2

    Go for it if you can't wait until after MWSF.

    If you are going to spend that much anyway I say go all out and go new as long as you can afford it.
     
  3. macrumors 6502a

    failsafe1

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2003
    #3
    If you can't wait until MWSF than there are a couple of considerations. The new macbook compare to the refurbed mbp's except for video cards. I would recommend new Macbook or new Macbook Pro. I just got a new MBP and love it.
     
  4. macrumors 68020

    Willis

    Joined:
    Apr 23, 2006
    Location:
    What feels like the middle of nowhere
    #4
    I'd say hold out till MWSF. However, nothing could come out that affects the portable line, so you'd be fine regardless. But, I would say get a new MBP if you can afford it, but a refurb wouldnt go a miss either.. just get a C2D!
     
  5. thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2004
    #5
    I think I'm going to go with a 15" 2.16 c2d and go with 2 gigs of ram. I'll probably buy it next week so it falls in the "safety date" to buy one. Have there been any rumors of a new MBP or hardware updates on the Macbooks to be announced at macworld?
     
  6. macrumors 68000

    dextertangocci

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2006
    Location:
    Cape Town, South Africa
    #6
    No. All everyone seems to care about is the true video iPod and the iPhone, including me:D
     
  7. macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2005
    Location:
    Colorado Springs / Ohio
    #7
    It doesn't seem like there will be any upgrades to the MB or MBP, there isn't much they can do to it right now. Of course, they could come out with that 12" MBP we all want, but I wouldn't count on it. They only reason I see to wait would to get iLife '07 (and possibly Leapord...:rolleyes: ) included free.
     
  8. macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2005
    #8
    Not ture, some are waiting for that Ultra Thin MBP. Ill have two laptops in my backpack when that comes out. A ultra thin and a 17" MBP.
     
  9. macrumors 68040

    iW00t

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2006
    Location:
    Defenders of Apple Guild
    #9
    Do refurbished units get the free bump to iLife too? Or do they get whatever software that's available when the previous owner returned it?
     

Share This Page