My G4 Ibook

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Applexilef, Feb 19, 2004.

1. Applexilef macrumors regular

Feb 3, 2004
    Hi, I have a new 1Ghz G4 Ibook. I was appreciating its beauty the other day by looking around the case and stuff. I found this little input for a jack (or something like that) on the right hand side of my laptop (right next to the slot loading drive)

I just wanted to know, what the heck is it for?

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

Sep 30, 2003
    Providence, RI
    Re: My G4 Ibook

aaahh yes, that would be the emrgency eject hole. Stick a straightened paperclip in there if a cd get stuck in the drive and it should come out.
  3. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

Jan 11, 2004
    I'm considering getting a G4 iBook actually (PowerMacs aren't an option, I don't want to hear sixty "Why not get a G5" posts), and I'm curious to hear how it's worked out for you. Are you finding the 1Ghz to be fast enough, because I was originally going to wait for a G5 iBook, but I'm seeing now that it'll probably be next year before that baby comes along. Any work with GarageBand or iMovie from the iBook that you can comment on?
  4. russed macrumors 68000

Jan 16, 2004
    London, England
    i've got the 1Ghz powerbook and the speed is ample. admittedly i dont use it for anything too intensive but it is fine. all i would say is add a bit more ram if you are worried.
  5. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    Perhaps you wanted to say g5 powerbook ;) As per your question, I have g4 800mhz ibook with 640 mb ram..And its not at all slow for everyday tasks. Unless you run processor intensive apps, movie editing, or you wanna play latest would find ibook suffice as regards to speed..Do max out the ram though..

anyways..regarding original post...which input jack is that..i only have the power input besides the cd/dvd drive..but mine is 12" ibook..So perhaps this input jack is only in 14"??