my G5 is back to 10.2.7

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by lamblia, Feb 13, 2006.

1. lamblia macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have spent the last few hours trying to fix my G5. I was installing iLife06 and it was optimizing when the power went off. When I powered up, I had no Preference file. Using my software install, restore & hardware DVD, and finding out I had to reinstall OX 10.2.7, I did and now I need to get back to 10.3.9.
    Question : Should I find 10.3 or upgrade to 10.4? If 10.3, where can I find it (I cannot find my original).
    (Either way I cannot do anything on my G5, because my current applications need 10.3.9 to work)
    Thanks

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

If your app needs 10.3.9 to work, get that however you need to. If your app works on 10.4 as well, I would say upgrade.

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So you were on Panther before, couldn't find the discs to reinstall it, and therefore went back to Jag, right? And had never been on Tiger?

I agree with Eddie's advice. If you go Panther, you should be able to get Panther discs on eBay pretty inexpensively. I'd sell you mine, but I only have iBook system restore discs for Panther (and iMac system restore discs for Tiger, and a full retail Tiger install... but no Panther disc).

4. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

To be honest probably have a hard time finding 10.3 in shops etc but if you did probably be a lot cheaper than 10.4. Go check it out on ebay. All the same I would go and get 10.4 its worth it

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Quick look says it's not as cheap as I expected it to be, at least, on eBay...mmmm. :( So maybe Tiger after all? Treat yourself! :)