Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dollystereo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
France
I was working the other day and my G5 turns off from nothing, no andvice, like when you unplug it.
I have a UPS, so thats not the problem, I thought it was an isolated issue, but today it happen again!!!
My Machine is a DP 2.3 bought in Agoust.
What can I do, I have a lot of work, I cant stand a day with out it, so take it to apples is not an option.

Thanks!

dollystereo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 6, 2004
France
Cooling?, that may be the problem, my computer procssor Temperature reach 60 degrees Celsius.!!
Is that to much?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I would have thought Power Macs could go much hotter than 60°C. Maybe run the Hardware Test CD that it came from to check if it picks up anything quirky. :)

Have you got anything plugged in that could be doing this? Do you have a certain app running each time this happens?

hcuar

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2004
Dallas
I've seen the processors in my dual 1.8 PM go up to 80 degrees C. 60 is nothing. I'd give Apple a call. If you have purchased Applecare they will come out to your house and fix it. (you have to ask for that part)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.