My Gf got her 12" PB today

Discussion in 'Community' started by Alte22a, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Alte22a macrumors 6502

Hey Guys and Gals!! My Gf bought her 12" PB today all maxed out with Airport Ex. Its pretty sweet.. :p Hmmm thats it....

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

3. Alte22a thread starter macrumors 6502

well its that little animal that walks on 2 legs and make you smile... Well is a girlfriend.... :cool:

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

holy crap. it's hilarious that of all the little online abbreviations.... that's the one that a macrumors regular *wouldn't* know....

the 12" pb is a freaking sweet machine

what kind of battery life are you getting? (i realize it's early to tell, but if you could keep me posted for comparison) :)

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

just didnt connect, sorry plus a little brew but what the heck? they will make you smile

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

don't explain it. the irony is too rich. hah

7. Alte22a thread starter macrumors 6502

the Pb came with OSX 10.2.3 now just updating it to 10.2.6, we're trying to sync her nokia 7650 via iSync. Hadn't had much luck so hopefully after this update things should be ok...

8. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

Now ain't THAT the statement of truth for the week. ;) :)

Regards,
    Gus

9. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

It is something that after bleeding for 5 days still alive.

10. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

you win. i don't care whether it was commentary or real. you still win.

11. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

so if you want to use the pb with osx, you should keep your gf, otherwise you will be stuck using a pc with xp

...and i agree, it is freaking sweet but my wife was not that impressed for some reason when she saw the laptop for the first time two weeks ago

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Re: My Gf got her 12" PB today

Now you don't have to keep her warm anymore. I hear those 12" PBs can do it for you!

13. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

uncalled for and inappropriate! :mad:

14. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

What a lousy thread this turned out to be! Alte22a posted some good news. Then jelloshotsrule and gus and maybe sparkleytone made fun of Dont Hurt Me, then mymemory made fun of women, then I made fun of the 12" PowerBook (even though I bought one myself this week), and then QCassidy352 complained about mymemory's post. And then I complained about the thread.

I think we should start all over again.

Congratulations to you and your girlfriend, Alte22a! I hope you have lots of fun with the new PowerBook, get the nokia to sync, and have sunshine and happiness all the days of your lives.

There, that's better.

15. RobVanDam macrumors member

He's paraphrasing a line from the South Park movie. I'm sure he's just trying to bring up the line in humor, not to be offensive.

MR. GARRISON: Hi, children. Your mothers are all making me throw away my lesson plan and teach theirs.

STAN: Mr. Garrison, how come our moms arrested Terrance and Phillip?

ALL KIDS: Yeah!

KID: That’s ***.

MR. GARRISON: Oh, well, your moms are just upset. They’re probably all on their periods or something.

WENDY: [whispering to Gregory] Not cool!

GREGORY: Mr. Garrison, Wendy and I think that was a sexist statement.

MR. GARRISON: Well I’m sorry Wendy, but I just don’t trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn’t die. Anyway children, let’s start off with some vocabulary…

16. gello2424 macrumors member

WOW! You watch a hell of a lot of South Park.

17. RobVanDam macrumors member

Only every episode and the movie about 30-50 times.

The Rainforest Schmainforest episode is seriously the funniest TV episode ever.

18. amin macrumors 6502a

amin

I'm with Doctor Q!

Congrats, the 12" PB is a sweet laptop. I just got one myself about a week ago, and I couldn't be more satisfied.

19. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

My wife's gettin a laptop sometime in the next 2 months or so. Still waiting to see if they do anything to the iBook to make me want to get that one for her, or if I will be going with the PB. If they put AE and bluetooth in the iBook, and boost chip speed to 1Ghz I'll probably go that route, otherwise she'll be getting a PB. It's really only like a $300 difference anyway, so I don't care either way about the price. Oh and she's a teacher, so we get to shop at the education store.:D I suppose if she gets the iBook we could spend the rest of the money on an iPod.

20. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Yeah, it is actually scary.

The joke is older than that even that I'm a South Park fan too.

21. Alte22a thread starter macrumors 6502

WOW! wasn't expecting so many replies to this thread. Anyway manage to sync her nokia up to the 12" PB its sweet. I've manage to setup sms for her so she can send and recieve sms. Backed up all her contacts to the address book. Took her to Star bucks today to teach her a bit of WiFi. To think this all started when I lent her my iPod.

22. BrandonRP0123 macrumors regular

My girlfriend got her first Macintosh yesterday.

Actually, I bought a 12" PowerBook at the end of July to replace my iBook (she had/has a Dell). The conversation of ``we don't need three laptops'' came up the other day.

To that I said: ``pick one: the Dell or the iBook". I'll be putting the dell up on ebay or something very soon. It's a 433Mhz celeron gigantic beast with a 15" display - in case anyone is interested.

Oh, and this morning she asked me how to ``uninstall'' something. When I grabbed the folder from /Applications and tossed it in the trash she was somewhat astonished and surprised that it was that easy.

23. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I'm just going to keep my mouth shut on this topic :)

24. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

LOL im gonna add this to my sig

25. Alte22a thread starter macrumors 6502

She's been using the 12" PB for nearly a week now, but can't really figure out how long the batteries last. But my guess is that its about 3 hours? Whats the longest life that anyones got with their 12" PB?