Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spaceboots06

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2009
The Rotten Apple
Don't contact her until she contacts you. And then don't reply 'till you feel like it.

EDIT: A girlfriend is not a girlfriend when she talks to you when she wants to. That's a one way relationship.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
beg for forgiveness grovel on your knees. this is something you should get used to doing anyway.

gusious

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2007
Greece
Don't contact her until she contacts you. And then don't reply 'till you feel like it.

EDIT: A girlfriend is not a girlfriend when she talks to you when she wants to. That's a one way relationship.

Listen to spaceboots. His totally right. Make her tell you why she did what she did or else your relantionship won't go any further in the next problem that it might come up.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
Ask her if there's anything wrong. If she says no (98% chances), insist. She'll keep saying she's fine so you'll have to press her even more, until she's not. Then after the fight, you can say "See, I knew there was something wrong!" and the fight will start again.

Works every time. Guaranteed.

:p

pb1300

macrumors 6502a
Feb 29, 2008
Aigio, Greece
Dont always think that you did something wrong. From my experiences, and this is strictly my opinion, you need to be who you are, and never change for anyone. SO many times I have seen my friends significant other try to change them into someone they are not, and that is just not how a relationship works. If someone doesnt like you for who you are, then that is there problem. From my conversations with women, they like someone who is assertive, has confidence in themselves, and while he is a gentleman and romantic, he is still a man. Someone who mopes, lacks self confidence, and is always "lovey dovey" always gets shafted in the end, IMO.

MegaMillions

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2009
hi all,

in the past 2 days, my girlfriend has been ignoring me, i text her like three or four times and she did not replied at all, when i call her, she didn't pick it up. she only picked it up after the third/fourth time (and she said she's in the library so she can't talk). i have been together with her for about a year, and this is the first time (i think) that she ignores me like this...

we had dinner with friends just now and she talks to her friends, but she didn't talk to me much. after everyone left, she just didn't say anything to me. i told her i love her but she just nodded (usually she'll say i love you too).

i don't think there's another man. she said she's got so many homework and it is due very soon. i don't think that's a valid reason to not reply text messages and pick up my phone calls. has anyone got any idea what is happening to her? i'm really really sad and i want to be able to talk to her like before..

She is irritated with you simply because you exist. It's not explainable, and it's not something personal about you. Women can just get irritated with their significant other simply because their significant other thinks of them as their girlfriend, or whatever. She's obviously annoyed with you for this bizarre and unexplainable reason that I have just explained, and there's nothing you can do about it. A breakup is inevitable.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
What does she mean by "forget everything I did the last two days"?

Seems like a lot of the story is missing. If it's anything like my past experiences with "let's forget the last few days" then it's probably time to not only forget the last few days but also forget about a future together.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
First of all - stop listening to this thread.

Talk to your friends who know what is happening, know you, and know her. Taking advice from strangers is not going to help. In case you hadn't noticed, this is a place for people who know about computers to hang out.... not "relationship counsellors". There has been some bad advice given here, particularly the bits where men (typically) are suggesting that you stay just the way you are, that your girl-friend is trying to change you, etc etc Or the ones who claim to be mind-readers and know what is going on based on - well nothing really.

The bit of advice about "don't change" is great advice, if you are perfect and your girl-friend is perfect. Otherwise you should always be trying to improve yourself for her and for you. At the same time she should be trying to improve herself, for you and for her own sake. By "improve yourself" I mean trying to become a better communicator. Learning new things. Trying new things, getting a better job, better education, etc etc. Learning to not do those little annoying things that drive your partner (and others) nuts. It also means accepting those imperfections that your partner has.

If you have ever, just once, suggested to your girl-friend that she stop doing something that annoys you, then she has the same rights. A good relationship is a give and take situation. Neither of you should be trying to "win". Sometimes you change, because its important to your partner. Sometimes you don't... and the partner should understand. This goes both ways. Sometimes the partner changes, and sometimes they don't. A good strong relationship is balanced, and puts up with imperfections.

Good Luck. Now go away and stop reading this thread. Talk to people who actually know what is going on.

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
Its simple

Just stop calling.......see what happens .......wait as long
as 8 days. If you don't hear from you then go on. Often times
women use silence as a primary method of tell you....I am just
interested in going forward. Keep your self-respect....women
do not respect men who beg them to love them.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
2. it's her time of the month (jesicca can clarify if this is can be the case)
It's Jessica. And frankly that BS that women use about being bitches because their whoohah is doing something no girl likes it to do is stupid. If this is her reasoning then she needs to be medicated. I can't comment on being that way because I am not that way. I think I could at least line up a few dudes who can attest to that. But anyway, don't ask me about your girl's PMS issues, sounds like she a nutcase anyway.
Just stop calling.......see what happens .......wait as long
as 8 days. If you don't hear from you then go on. Often times
women use silence as a primary method of tell you....I am just
interested in going forward. Keep your self-respect....women
do not respect men who beg them to love them.

Is 8 days some scientific number? I say no days. I say the call should happen today that it's over because in the end that relationship is pointless.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
Do you understand the concept of advice, and that your post had the same intent as every other post here.

I do. I understand that if you are asking a plumber for medical advice, there is a difference between being told what surgery to have, and being told to see a doctor. In both cases you are getting "advice". I would only trust one.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
I do. I understand that if you are asking a plumber for medical advice, there is a difference between being told what surgery to have, and being told to see a doctor. In both cases you are getting "advice". I would only trust one.

Then why come to these forums? These forums are FULL of people asking for advice on what to buy, what to do in life, etc. You absolutely fail miserably at making your point. These forums are designed for people to talk about and give advice on topics and for the OP to sift though the advice themselves.

If you don't like advice from those who are not experts on the topic at hand, you better leave these forums, and never join ANY other public discussion boards. Ugh, the nerve on you.

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
Then why come to these forums? These forums are FULL of people asking for advice on what to buy, what to do in life, etc. You absolutely fail miserably at making your point. These forums are designed for people to talk about and give advice on topics and for the OP to sift though the advice themselves.

If you don't like advice from those who are not experts on the topic at hand, you better leave these forums, and never join ANY other public discussion boards. Ugh, the nerve on you.

Oh my, aren't we a little tetchy today? In my opinion, there is a difference between asking people on these forums for advice on buying a TV set, and making life decisions.

I trust the opinions of people in this forums when it comes to buying hardware. They have experience, and buying hardware can be boiled down to some facts and figures, with other people's experiences with vendors thrown in to help the decision. People on this forum have experience buying TVs.

A life decision is not the same as buying a TV. And from the comments I've read, there are not a lot of people who have experience with happy serious long-term relationships.

Yup... I've seen people take bad advice on TV buying here too. Oh well, its just a TV.

gusious

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2007
Greece
Oh my, aren't we a little tetchy today? In my opinion, there is a difference between asking people on these forums for advice on buying a TV set, and making life decisions.

I trust the opinions of people in this forums when it comes to buying hardware. They have experience, and buying hardware can be boiled down to some facts and figures, with other people's experiences with vendors thrown in to help the decision. People on this forum have experience buying TVs.

A life decision is not the same as buying a TV. And from the comments I've read, there are not a lot of people who have experience with happy serious long-term relationships.

Yup... I've seen people take bad advice on TV buying here too. Oh well, its just a TV.

You DO understand that people have experience in relationships too right?

Hayduke60

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2009
Jessica is a sage woman, you really should heed her advice. My take on this is that your girlfriend is waiting for the planets to align and then shes outta there. Maybe a week, maybe a month, but she's over you. As sad as that is, it's part of the game. You'll find another to dance in the rain with. Maybe with the next one you won't give up your yarbles so easily. Don't give em up without a fight man, for women want to wrest them from you. Calling her and texting her four five times a day like a lovesick cat is like handing them to her on a silver platter. And forgetting what she did over the last few days.....dude you may as well have the knife in your hand, castrating yourself. A woman wants a man to be man enough not to hand over the boys and also man enough to maybe share one of em with her. If you want to keep her, call her up and tell her that you ain't gonna take her crap anymore. That if she she wants to work it out then you'll meet her half way. If not kick her to the curb. Go git yer balls back boy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.