my horrible powerbook story

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by evil, Dec 29, 2003.

1. evil macrumors 6502

im going to try to make this long annoying story short.

so my powerbooks ,WHICH IS UNDER WARRANTY, power hole thing stopped working.---it wouldnt charge the computer. and along with this there is a bump in the metal casing near the power hole.

so i took it to one place and they said i dropped it and they would charge me 800 bucks to fix it.
    and i must state right now that the computer has not been dropped.
    so i took it from them and had my friend who works at another repair place take it. he said the bump was from heat warping (its a rev a 12 inch) and he would get it fixed under warranty.
    so i got it back and the whole thing is all screwed up. first the display wouldnt shut off when it was closed. then if you touch the case near the touch pad the whole damn computer would shut down.
    now it doesnt even start up.
    apple said to take it back to the repair place , which is about an hour from me. they also said they do not let people send powerbooks in to apple to get fixed if it was bought in canada.

this is so annoying. im going on my 3rd week of not having my powerbook working.

i guess im gonna have to take it back to the place that screwed it up and hope that they dont screw it up again. im so pissed.

2. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Breaking the Power Cord is usually considered accidental damage and is therefore not covered.

Also, it's always better to go through Apple when you need things to be fixed.

All the same, I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad time. Sounds like you've had an unusual experience.

3. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

You must have misread something man, where on the power cord is there any metal casing to have bump up?

Good luck evil, I hope things come around.