My HP Color LaserJet won't work with Tiger?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Apple!Freak, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Apple!Freak macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

My HP Color LaserJet model 3550 has not been able to print ever since my upgrade to Tiger. The drivers show up and everything looks like a go although when I go to print a document the program on my computer showing the status of the printer switches to "Stop Printing". I click start printing. After a few seconds it goes back to stop printing. He keeps doing this.

Any ideas? It would be a real shame if I couldnt use this printer now because of Tiger. It's an $800 printer.

2. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

3. BWhaler macrumors 68020

BWhaler

Works fine for me, but I use the 4600 drivers (they are effectively the same, but with less bugs than the 3500 and 3700 series drivers.)

giv e that a try and let us know...

4. Apple!Freak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Apple!Freak

No luck. HP even just posted a tutorial update on how to get your printer working in Tiger. No luck there, either.

Whenever I go to print something it looks like its going to print. Goes to the print que... and then I get a red exclamation mark icon and it turns to "Stop Printing" I click start, it immediatly goes back to Stop. I'm not sure what the deal is here but it's really starting to piss me off.

I have not been able to use this thing for a few days now. Please help!!!

5. RCAS macrumors newbie

Same problem with the HP3550

We are having the same problem with our HP 3550. Has anyone had any success? :)