My Ibook is going crazy

Discussion in 'macOS' started by lovely, Feb 6, 2006.

1. lovely macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2004
    First it keeps shutting itself down and make me hold my breath while it won't start up at all (after self-shutdown) without being plugged in to the wall outlet.

And as if that is not enough, now it officially refuses to charge. It's been an hour and it stays at 14% (went to 15% but that's it!).

My Ibook is only 14 months old, G4 1.2GHz OS X 10.3.9. The original battery was recalled last year so this replacement battery is less than a year old. Is it time to go home to Windows yet? :(
  2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Your iBook isn't the only thing going crazy.
  3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    Well, I have had Apple hardware fail on me before, and it has never ever tempted me to move to Windows...

If you have apple care, give them a call, they will be able to help you. If not I would give macresq a call, sounds like you have a problem.
  4. discoforce macrumors 6502a

Jan 27, 2004
    Vermont, USA
    Sounds like you've identified the culprit: Dead battery. Did you buy applecare? If not, a new battery is about $130 (US). Though you may want to take it to an Apple Store to try a battery out to make sure that's the problem...
  5. lovely thread starter macrumors newbie

Nov 28, 2004
    No, I did not buy applecare. Just wish this problem would've come 2 months ago when it is still under warranty :(