My iBook won't support CoreVid..will Tiger slow me down?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by intrepkid21, Jul 20, 2004.

1. intrepkid21 macrumors regular

I'm looking at the 12" iBook..I know it won't support all of the Tiger features..but I am more concerned that the new update will not have a negative effect on system performance..what do you think? It might be silly to buy a computer right now that will only get slower with 10.4...then again..that Geforce on the 12" Powerbook isn't so hot either..other than being double the size..

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Tiger automatically scales back CoreImage and CoreVideo based on your video card, but it will not slow down your computer. The final build of Tiger will probably run faster than Panther. However, if you are using Panther, you don't necessarily have to upgrade to Tiger when it comes out. ;)

3. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

no, you just can't use coreVideo...is it that hard to understand? It may "scale-back" performance to fit your card, but you still won't be able to use CoreVideo effects in real time. Glad my "not so hot" 12" video card can.

4. intrepkid21 thread starter macrumors regular