my IE has bitten the dust finally...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dshootist, May 18, 2006.

1. dshootist macrumors member

it will start to open a page and then hang. since it won't get open a full page, i can't change the startup homepage, so there it sits. i know that it hasn't been supported for quite some time, but it still worked at some capacity and allowed for me to view some sites that Safari couldn't for awhile. so now it is time for me to put away childish things and get to consolidating my bookmarks to a new browser. is there any way i can import the bookmarks from IE to say, Firefox? i don't need all of them, just a few dozen. it was hard enough tracking down some of these sites and i'd rather not do the manual reload of each individual site bookmark. tnx in advance fer da help.

2. baleensavage macrumors 6502a

When you install Firefox it imports all your bookmarks from IE automatically. If that doesn't work you can always to an export and import.

Aside from online poker and some online gaming sites, there are very few sites that either Firefox or Safari can't handle. Because Firefox is gaining marketshare in the PC market, many sites are now supporting them which is good news for Mac users. In other words, it's okay to let IE rest in peace, as Microsoft isn't even going to be offering it for download any more.

3. dshootist thread starter macrumors member

thanks fer the info...

i figured it was about time anyway...

4. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2