My iMac logs out when opening cd-tray

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by thebt, Jun 26, 2003.

1. thebt macrumors member

I have a serious problem here!
    Whenever I want to open the cd tray by pressing the key on the keyboard, I instantly get back to the login window, with the choice of users to login. Not even my programs are stopped!
    And if I come back and login again no more programs or documents are open. So this is very annoying.
    And I don’t know how to solve this, I tried several things but still the same.

And another thing, my (brand new) iMac 800 is so slow?! For example when I’m working in Excel and press my left arrow it takes like 3 seconds before it jumps to the next cell. Even my 3year old G4 is faster!
    Is there a solution? Do I need to take my iMac to my local mac shop for a repair? I hope not because I can’t miss it…

2. unc32 macrumors regular

it sounds broken.

The eject button should only eject. The fact that it is slower than your older computer should tell you something too. Take it back and get a new one.

3. thebt thread starter macrumors member

Oh I forgot something to say, I don't know if this matters but when I'm in the login screen I can just open and close my cd drive.
    And I thought of something else, could it be that my usb printers and scanners make my mac less stable? I have 2 printers, one is also a scanner and I have a scanner. They were all on a pc, but now on a mac! :)

But I don't like to bring the mac back, I'll first ask this in the shop.
    Thanks anyway ;)

4. thebt thread starter macrumors member

The Solution!

I found what the problem was!!! So let me share it with you if some else would have the same problem.

I just bought a usb hub this morning so I plugged all the usb cables out of my imac and then all in the hub.
    And now I don't have the problems anymore! I couldn't believe it! And my mac is fast again :D