Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ay_Zimmy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Basically iOS 6 has been created to make sure Google has no relevance to a person's iPhone experience.

First they ditched Google maps, and partnered up with Yelp. This way you never have to go to Safari and "Google" a restaurant or place's location. When you go to a website and if there is an App, you get a banner notification that there is an App. This again I believe is just to attract you away from going on the world wide web and "googling." FaceBook's integration helps FaceBook partner up with Apple in a battle against them and Google+. So we all know that when people go on the internet they always come across Google, and with the new updates with Siri, it acts as a true search engine. I guess Apple is just trying to keep you off the Web because they know that's Google's game.

KittyKatta

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2011
SoCal
My impression of iOS6 sounds a lot like iOS5 but more talkative.

Seriously though. I love Google products but If Apple really is trying to keep people off Google then why don't they have their own search engine? Heck, even buy Yahoo and make them the default (just as long as I can manually switch back to google).

Ay_Zimmy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
My impression of iOS6 sounds a lot like iOS5 but more talkative.

Seriously though. I love Google products but If Apple really is trying to keep people off Google then why don't they have their own search engine? Heck, even buy Yahoo and make them the default (just as long as I can manually switch back to google).

Siri is pretty much the search engine, its just all voice activation, So I'm sure you will still be visiting Google time to time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.