My ingenious idea for iPhoto 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GreyFox1221, Aug 29, 2006.

1. GreyFox1221 macrumors regular

I think that they should have a built in browser for Address Cards and when you drag an Address Card onto a picture, iPhoto automaticly adds that persons name/data to the Metadata of the picture. That way if you Spotlight that person you can see all the pictures of them. And they can even reverse-engineer (is this the right way to use the term?) in to Address Book. What do you guys think?

2. bloodycape macrumors 65816

3. mahonmeister macrumors 6502

Suggestion box? Where have they been hiding that?

Here is a suggestion: allow us to import some photos into iPhoto instead of every freakin' one. I do realize this can be accomplished with Image Capture but whats the point? How hard could it be to add this option to iPhoto?

4. andy89 macrumors 6502

Theres a way of doing that.

It was on mac-osx-hints not long ago. (i'm talking about iphoto)

5. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

Too lazy to look it up, but andy89's definitely right. It's simple too. You hit a key and iPhoto swicthes to a secret mode that allows you to view all the pictures on your camera, then you can select the ones you want and drag them to your library to import them.

6. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

It sounds very useful. Any chance on finding it for us?

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

8. savar macrumors 68000

savar

Great idea...right now I just type everybody's name into the comments box so I can search for all photos of a person through spotlight. It works, but tighter integration is always a plus.

Have you seen facebook's implementation of this? You draw a box around the person and then enter their name. When somebody views your photo they can hover over the name and see the associated box drawn around them. Pretty nifty.

9. sigamy macrumors 65816

This sounds cool. You should submit it to the MyDreamApp contest at http://mydreamapp.com/

10. PatrickF macrumors 6502

I still wish they would include better RAW support. It seems that they're advertising iPhoto from version 5 as having RAW support but only a hand full of cameras are actually supported. Some sort of update would be nice to make other cameras work.

11. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

With the sony camera I use, the memory stick mounts as a drive. I just select the pictures I want from that and import them to iPhoto

12. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sounds like Facebook, still a really cool idea, I might have to spend the £35 on iLife '07 for it...