Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siobhan98

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 26, 2016
Hello guys!

I took my iPhone 6's case of today and the apple logo on the back has like little marks which won't go after I wipe the apple logo, also the logo is really hard to clean.

Are any of you guys having the same problem, and how can I clean the apple logo without it looking smudged?

Thanks

- Siobhan

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
Once you get used to it, you'll never even care. I have a chip in the bottom left (not on the screen). At first I was super bummed, now I don't care. LOL. Fell out of a taxi because the cab driver opened the door without telling me. I'm still unsure how it exactly happened. LOL

Reactions: Goatllama

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
It's not the end of the world. My 6s has a small scratch along the Apple logo, but I go on about my day.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
the logo is stainless steel...
so technically you can use capecod cloth to buff out any scratches...
Thought I wouldnt recommend it - its bound to get scratched soon enough

Reactions: Siobhan98

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Once you get used to it, you'll never even care. I have a chip in the bottom left (not on the screen). At first I was super bummed, now I don't care. LOL. Fell out of a taxi because the cab driver opened the door without telling me. I'm still unsure how it exactly happened. LOL
That's mostly what it comes down to. It's worrisome early on, and then most basically move on as it's just another tool essentially.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
I for one would like a good re-sale of my 6s for another. Good case, good screen protector, and I do care about it. ;)

Reactions: susa

scrumpyjack

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2016
Mines in a bumper and it's scratched up on 2 corners where I've dropped it. You can do your best but it really is a magnet for 'em.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
That's why those zagg kiosk folks recommend a full covering, because more often then not, debris does work their way in between the case and phone and can scratch up a phone.

I bought that line of thought hook line and sinker. So far though from years of ownership, my iPhones have been in mint condition.

Reactions: susa and Sunny1990

Ugi

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2016
I for one would like a good re-sale of my 6s for another. Good case, good screen protector, and I do care about it. ;)
Yeah investing 50 bucks in 'protection' to get around 50 bucks more. I get my devices for me not for the person who might buy it some years later. I like the design and I want to see it. Period.

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Yeah investing 50 bucks in 'protection' to get around 50 bucks more. I get my devices for me not for the person who might buy it some years later. I like the design and I want to see it. Period.

I look at the screen (most important), but what do I know, I'm an adult :p

Reactions: Corgirat

Ugi

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2016
I look at the screen (most important), but what do I know, I'm an adult :p
sodo what's the point in getting a higquality build phone for an adult then? The os itself isn't the value of hundreds of euros worth.

daijholt

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2013
Wales, UK
It is possible that grit or debris got between your case and phone and it scratched the areas you are talking about.
This is the problem with cheap and nasty cases; they collect grit and dust and ruin the back of a good phone. Very few cases actually offer any protection though; aside from things that are scientifically sound (D3O cases for example). A £10 plastic case isn't going to do a thing except scratch up the aluminium.

chestvrg

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2010
Mine is scratched as well, but it had not do nothinf related to a case but instead I decided to leave it w/o a screen protector.

Next year I plan to go to the Apple Store and replaced the screen on demand (mine and my son's 6s), and give them both a new look and this time add them both screen protector. We get our phones every two years so we still have a long time to go with our 6s's

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
What? Cab driver's fault for opening door, really? Weren't you hanging onto your phone? Was it in your lap?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.