Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
strange? every review i ever saw never mentioned this. Also even the video reviews I did not physically observe this. Actually when my boss first got the GS3 he let me play with it for a while and I never noticed this either.

Oh wait you just made that up my bad.

Haters gonna hate. Truth hurt, does it?

Vegastouch

macrumors 603
Jul 12, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Haters gonna hate. Truth hurt, does it?
Ive had my GS3 for 4.5 monfhs and never had that issue so it isnt the truth in my experience. I also updated to jelly bean yesterday so there is another dispelled dispute when those here say androids dont get updates. This was my second update.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
This is one of the "tricks" iOS has used to keep the FPS high in the UI. They artificially limit the scrolling speeds so that the hardware can keep up with the processing required to render the UI whilst still maintaining smoothness.

Android never had these kinds of limits and whilst scrolling was much, much faster, it was sometimes jittery. Now that's not an issue any more.

I personally never had any issues with the iPhone jailbroken using Fake clockup. It seem to handle faster scrolling and animation with no problem.

What I did have a problem with was using backgrounder. Safari would crash often when I set it for true multitasking. I think real multitasking is where iOS would fail horribly at. But that's just my assumption based on jailbroken multitasking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.