my iphone will not turn on after restoring to factory settings,

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sammykawook, Dec 25, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

Hello,
    i just got an iphone for Christmas, it was second hand from my Dad and worked fine until i tried to restore it from the settings option on the handset. The restoreing process started and it took ages to move the progress bar a little bit so i canceled the proces by turning the phone off. Now when i try to turn the phone on i get a grey apple logo then it shuts down. I have conected it to several pc's and it just did the same, the computers didn't even pick up the iphone. I have also tried conecting the phone to the charger and still it goes to the grey apple logo then shuts down. The phone worked perfectly before i tried to restore it. I need help pleasee

2. macrumors P6

-aggie-

Okay, first you can't restore the phone from the phone. You obviously did an "erase all content." At most you would do a "reset all settings." Don't ever click on "erase all content" unless you are giving the phone to Apple for replacement.

Your only option is to a restore in DFU mode (see the link in my sig).

3. macrumors newbie

hi i have the same problem, as i also restored factory settings ,also on 25th, the apple icon just stays on with a loading sign, my phone is jailbrocken, tried the dfu mode but when i was to click the restore button , the notice said it will update, when i got the phone i was warned against software update,i then did nothing, so is there any alternative,pls or ......

4. macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Attempt to hold the Home Button while plugging into USB. Continue holding until you click Restore.

Did either of you have an unlock?

5. macrumors newbie

Hi
    mine is unlocked, i tried restoring but it said it would update, but i was asked not to press itunes update otherwise the phone would ''mash up''

6. macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Which iPhone? How was it unlocked?

7. macrumors newbie

its a iphone 3g 8bg, it was unlocked when i got it, i was told not to click on the software update on itunes

8. macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Alright, all hope is not lost. You can update.

Download PwnageTool

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/211802082/pwnage-pie

iPhone 3G

Use PwnageTool to do the magic and then restore with iTunes using your newly created .ipsw

9. macrumors newbie

Iphone 4s not turning on and usb not recognizable to laptop

when i did a reset (holding power button and home button at the same time), afterwards, my phone won't turn on and when i connect it to my laptop again an error will occur "USB not recognized" and even i try connecting my phone to a normal outlet (trying to charge it), it won't show any logo. NOTHING. just pitch black. what can i do to fix this?

10. macrumors regular

Moreira - Maia - Porto - Portugal - Europe
    But you don't even get any sign from the iPhone?
    Is it always plain black?
    If it is it could be a LOT of different things...

What happens if you connect your iPhone with TinyUmbrella or Redsn0w?

At least does it detect the connected iPhone?