My iPhone4S will not stay off

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by KayDay, Jan 20, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 20, 2012
    Does anyone know why my iPhone 4S will not stay completely off? When I turn it off by holding the top button and sliding the bar to power off, it turns itself back on after powering down. This has been a continual problem (although, I do not turn it off very often.) It is not frozen and is working fine otherwise.
  2. macrumors 6502a

Dec 12, 2011
    Have you tried restoring?
  3. macrumors 6502a

Feb 5, 2007
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 20, 2012
    Nope, I haven't tried restoring yet (I just got a new computer that I still need to set up...) Guess I will have to try that.

No, my phone is not jail broken.

Thanks for your help, both of you!
  5. macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2012
    Still need help

Has anyone found a solution to the issue of when you turn your iPhone 4s off it does not stay off and seconds later it turns back on? This is extremely annoying, someone please help!
  6. macrumors 6502a

Feb 5, 2007
    Well I have tried restoring it a couple of times, no longer jailbroken and it just won't stay OFF! ... Im at a loss, google isn't helping.
  7. macrumors 68040

Dec 22, 2009
    If a restore won't fix it, get Apple to replace it on warranty.
  8. macrumors newbie

Jul 3, 2010
    I'm having the exact same problem. My 4S isn't jailbroke (though going to do it tonight). I don't want to do a clean restore on mine though, really don't wanna lose my texts n stuff :p Did you say you still have the problem even after restoring?

My topic: