My iPhone's mail isn't working...please help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MorganK, Jul 30, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Since yesterday afternoon my mail has not been working on my iPhone 4. It will not load any new messages, just keeps spinning and saying checking for mail. Any suggestions?

2. macrumors 6502

have you tried to delete you mail account and re-adding it?

3. thread starter macrumors regular

I just did and still not working.

It is my Gmail account that will not load anything new. My Me one is fine (although rarely used so I didn't realize that until a few moments ago).

4. macrumors G5

Did you try rebooting your phone?

Did you try resetting network settings?

5. macrumors 65816

nunes013

my school exchange mail stopped working 2 days ago, i can get messages but it wont send, ill let u know if i can fix it

6. thread starter macrumors regular

I tried both yesterday to no avail. Just rebooted again and it's working. Weird! Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

7. macrumors member

I have the same issue with my mail. Push notifications don't seem to work as well as 3.x OS. It has to be a bug with 4.0.1. Rebooting does fix it but it gets annoying.

8. macrumors 65816

9. macrumors member

I'm having the same problem. I deleted the yahoo account then re-installed it. That worked for a day. Now I'm having the same problem again. Push is not working. Whenever I go to my yahoo account, only then does it receive mail. The only problem I have with this phone.

10. macrumors newbie

Same issue here but on my Itouch... Yahoo mail was working until about 3 or 4 days ago.. Now just sits there saying "Checking Mail"

I noticed Yahoo has an App for the Ipod for Yahoo mail.. Anyone try the App?? What is the difference between using this App and just setting up your default Email to Yahoo???

11. macrumors newbie

Mine does this every once in a while or just loads blank messages. To fix it, all I do is go to the app drawer and close mail from multitasking. Usually fixes any problem I have with mail.