my iPod battery is completely dead...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by masterjedi73, Sep 15, 2005.

1. masterjedi73 macrumors 6502

masterjedi73

Where is the best place to buy a replacement? What's the longest battery life I can get?

i have a 10gb 3g ipod. I took it apart myself and it looks simple enough to put back together so I just need a battery.

I want to make this one live long so I don't feel bad about spending the $$$ on a nano....i'm not ready just yet. lol

thanks

2. Redline13 macrumors 6502

I would poke around on www.ipodlounge.com. I believe they have done reviews of third party batteries.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

As you don't want to spend $$$ I will assume you are in the US (although I suppose those could be CDN or AUS).

NewerTech sell batteries with 30% more capacity than the original 3G battery for $25.99.

Seems like a good deal to me...

4. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

Try a reeboot?

I have a 4g Photo 40gig and I once thought mine was dead - would not take a charge or start up at all - but I rebooted it - hold down center button and menu together for like 5 seconds and it works just fine....

I know batteries have been a past issue so it may not work but I did want to offer up my experience.... especially to a 'master'

IJ

5. masterjedi73 thread starter macrumors 6502

masterjedi73

Thanks! I've actually tried things like that already, but it just dies as soon as each song starts playing.

I ordered a battery today, so now I'll see if it works. If not, iPod nano, here I come!