My iPod brought back from the Dead

Discussion in 'iPod' started by hardon, Oct 15, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Aug 27, 2003
    UK Kent
    i thought id post this, just i case some body out there is in the same position.

A while back i dropped my iPod, it was Dead, i tried rebooting the baby (reset) but according to a few web sites that i searched for help, i had killed the Hard Drive.

it sat on my desktop for over a month, gathering dust, and then tonight, excited about the new iPod, and its video capabilities, i got sidetracked as you do, and came across a website i had not seen before, i started to read and came across this thread....

Dead iPod

Re: Dead iPod!

by Nameless Lad on Nov 19, 2001 - 08:23 PM
    Although the reset didn't help revive my ipod, I did get Indiana Jones on my ipod and took the case apart as per the instructions listed on this site.
    The battery was still connected to the board, I disconnected the battery then reconnected it. Works again!

:eek: well i followed the following instructions

and straight up it worked!!!!!

before you chuck it out or send it off for repair try the above method, it might just work.
  2. macrumors regular

Aug 13, 2005
    SE PA
    If I didn't have warranty on it, i'd try this out. Since I have warranty, though, I wouldn't want to devalidify it by opening it up myself.
  3. macrumors regular

Sep 19, 2005
    Newark, DE
    I opened mine up to install a higher-capacity battery...but then I am a lunatic.
  4. macrumors regular

Aug 13, 2005
    SE PA
    Is the new battery iTrip compatible?